YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Mitch Davidson

(1/2) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Impressive performance. Only one year of eligibility left, I believe. Seems odd for the deepest QB on the roster to play so well (granted vs SDSU’s subs). Should he have been the starter all along? Are there issues with the coaches evaluating athleticism and skill?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 30, 2021, 05:47:13 PM ---Impressive performance. Only one year of eligibility left, I believe. Seems odd for the deepest QB on the roster to play so well (granted vs SDSU’s subs). Should he have been the starter all along? Are there issues with the coaches evaluating athleticism and skill?

--- End quote ---

I don’t know much about Mitch. But, I couldn’t understand what the coaching staff saw in Craycraft.
Watching him the last two games, I firmly still believe that he couldn’t read defense, couldn’t find open receivers, couldn’t throw the ball accurately, couldn’t read run/pass option and couldn’t run. Why is he still playing QB.

goodnews:
Are there issues with the coaches?  I think you've answered your own question.

guinpen:
I understand that we were behind but interesting that they let MD throw the ball downfield

Penquin68:
The qb situation reminds me of the National Championship runner up year with Coach Pellini. Hunter Wells was evaluated down the depth chart and was leaving the team.  I know he didn't dress for some of the games. Don't recall if it was an injury or what or who was the starter, but Hunter was brought back. I was at the Fargo Dome against NDSU when he made his first start of that year. Not pretty, but he got better as the year went on and we made it to the National Championship game. Coaches at times have their idea of an offense and evaluate players to fit their idea of what is takes to be successful. Sometimes they are wrong. MD may not take us to the promised land, but I think he can work under our current situation offensively with Crenshaw out and give us a chance.  Not for the National Championship, but some level of respectability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version