YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

ISU

<< < (12/13) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 25, 2021, 08:18:43 AM ---We havent had a pa$$ing game to defend since Hunter Wells graduated.  The offense has regressed since Montgomery left.

--- End quote ---

Why was his nickname “pick 6”?

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  We have reached a very low point.  Losing to Western Illinois and Indiana State in the same season.  Would need a supreme effort to win any of the final four.  Looking at a 1-6 spring, 2-8 fall.  If we lose all 4, Coach Phillips 3-14 first two seasons is pathetic.  Pelini didn't leave the program in this bad of shape. 

We are slow, small and lack athleticism other than McLaughlin.  On another note, why did he disappear the final part of the fourth quarter on Saturday?

goodnews:
For YSU to be competitive we have to go 2 deep which would be 44 players with legitimate D1 talent.  I'm sorry but this staff isn't capable of recruiting those type of numbers.   That means u have hit 50% on your recruits year in and year out to be successful.  Thats just the talent equation of the puzzle.  Throw in the coaching we currently have and its virtually impossible. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on October 25, 2021, 10:25:59 AM ---  We have reached a very low point.  Losing to Western Illinois and Indiana State in the same season.  Would need a supreme effort to win any of the final four.  Looking at a 1-6 spring, 2-8 fall.  If we lose all 4, Coach Phillips 3-14 first two seasons is pathetic.  Pelini didn't leave the program in this bad of shape. 

We are slow, small and lack athleticism other than McLaughlin.  On another note, why did he disappear the final part of the fourth quarter on Saturday?

--- End quote ---

I do believe that bo left us in terrible shape. But at the same time I am not totally sold on the new coaching staff. Way too early to judge their recruiting talents. DP seems to have the right demeanor but a lot of the play calling on both sides of the ball have me wondering. DP may not be making these calls but he is responsible for them so lets see what, if any , changes he makes in the off season.

Double ET:
I am depressed with the state of our football program. DP might be ok, but his assistants are not.
So, I am ready for Basketball.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version