YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Missouri State

<< < (5/6) > >>

Wick250:
The Delaware game at Fitch was 1979.  Narduzzi was the coach. Not only did we blow a multi-score lead that day, we lost to Delaware again in the D2 championship game in a somewhat similar manner.  We were up by two touchdowns late in the second quarter.  We fumbled a punt around midfield, and Delaware scored twice before the half to tie the game.  Then they dominated us in the second half.

I thought at the time that we blew our only chance at national prominence, and that we would never again appear on the national stage.

Penguin Nation:
There was a game, I believe in the early 1980s, later 19070s, at I believe Western MI, that I was listening to on the radio as a kid. We were getting beat badly in the first half, and then there was a huge rally to win. To this day is the most exciting game I’ve ever listened to.

Trivia question: Which current MVFC program is the only one not to have their State’s name included in their University’s name?

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 11, 2021, 09:44:08 AM ---There was a game, I believe in the early 1980s, later 19070s, at I believe Western MI, that I was listening to on the radio as a kid. We were getting beat badly in the first half, and then there was a huge rally to win. To this day is the most exciting game I’ve ever listened to.

Trivia question: Which current MVFC program is the only one not to have their State’s name included in their University’s name?

--- End quote ---
Dah NDSU  SDSU ND NIU WIU SIU SD  I don't know, I give up!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 11, 2021, 09:44:08 AM ---There was a game, I believe in the early 1980s, later 19070s, at I believe Western MI, that I was listening to on the radio as a kid. We were getting beat badly in the first half, and then there was a huge rally to win. To this day is the most exciting game I’ve ever listened to.

--- End quote ---
YSU.

Penquin68:
I was at the game where we played Western Michigan at their field in a night game. We were down and came back to win. Again we looked overmatched physically, but we had JT as the coach and some good players. I listened to the pregame and post game on thier radio broadcast. Before the game in the pregame they almost wondered why they were playing lowly Youngtown State, a 1AA team. Very interesting Post Game show where they were down and blamed it on many things including just not being up for the game.  Nice ride home.  Almost as good as the time we beat Pittsburgh a few years ago and again listed to their post game show on the ride home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version