YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

OH NO!! NOT ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE MAC

<< < (2/4) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 02, 2021, 06:47:25 PM ---Akron pounded by a previously winless team that lost to Duquesne lol.

How much longer does Akron fake being an FBS team?

--- End quote ---

Could be a while, they have had a lot of practice

YSU1:
Akron fires head coach Tom Arth after going 3 and 24

Kandrase:
Heard a pretty good theory the other day that once the P5 break off from the NCAA, the NCAA will realign with G5 and big FCS conferences forming a new NCAA D1. Apparently there is a conference coming up with the NCAA that could accelerate this process. I think the YSU conference issue is going to solve itself in the next 5-10 years with major CFB realignment

Wick250:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 04, 2021, 10:28:06 PM ---Heard a pretty good theory the other day that once the P5 break off from the NCAA, the NCAA will realign with G5 and big FCS conferences forming a new NCAA D1. Apparently there is a conference coming up with the NCAA that could accelerate this process. I think the YSU conference issue is going to solve itself in the next 5-10 years with major CFB realignment

--- End quote ---

I agree that the P5 will soon break away from the NCAA.  But can the NCAA then survive? The bulk of their money comes from the basketball tournament. With the P5 gone and starting their own basketball tournament, the network money will follow them. The NCAA will be devoid of funds, devoid of prestige, not capable of running championships for what is left.  I hope that you are right and that my doomsday vision is wrong.

guinpen:
So basically we could be in the same division as some of these former pretend D1 schools but without the prestige and money. kind of like the NIT of college football.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version