YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

OH NO!! NOT ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE MAC

(1/4) > >>

Penguin Nation:
 If you need to feel better about YSU FB, you need to look no further than our neighbors in the lowly MAC. I say lowly because that's where Massey Ranks the MAC as a FBS conference...dead last.

Currently, of the 12 MAC programs, two have winning records.

Can't and Akron are both 1-3, with Akron's only win over Bryant. Akron literally buys its own tickets to meet NCAA attendance requirements.

Out of 130 FBS programs, Massey ranks Akron #127 and OU #126.

I don't think I've ever read an article where a sports writer torches a program as badly as in the link below (it is from 2019).

https://www.beaconjournal.com/news/20191123/bob-dyer-university-of-akron-football-is-invisible

It appears that the MAC FB programs are being keep barely alive by P5 revenue (Akron vs Auburn and TOSU and Can't vs TA&M and MD). If the P5 splits from the NCAA, I don't see how the G5, especially MAC, continues to exist in it's current state once the plug is pulled on its life source.

Meanwhile, the FCS conferences are realigning, and with the exodus out of the OVC, there are rumors that Murray State will join a newly formed East Division of the MVFC with YSU. IF this happens, this means less travel for YSU and a lower SOS (prolly a good thing).

My two cents....as long as the MVFC is willing to keep the roadkill YSU program as a member, let's stay there and languish until the MAC's inevitable demise...and then establish an Ohio-centered FCS conference...where we can all suck together...although Strollo will prolly sabotage it if the opportunity arises....because he's grossly incompetent.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-realignment-teams-switching-conferences-bzbz/

guinpen:
Love this quote about akron from the first link.

"So much for whirring turnstiles. The team is drawing fewer spectators at InfoCision Stadium than a wet T-shirt contest would in Tehran.:

Wick250:
Just think how much better off we would be if the NCAA had the integrity to ENFORCE THEIR OWN ATTENDANCE RULES! Most of the MAC would be flushed down to FCS where they belong, and we would not be in this absurd situation of traveling west of the Mississippi to play many of our league games.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 30, 2021, 02:23:35 PM ---Just think how much better off we would be if the NCAA had the integrity to ENFORCE THEIR OWN ATTENDANCE RULES! Most of the MAC would be flushed down to FCS where they belong, and we would not be in this absurd situation of traveling west of the Mississippi to play many of our league games.

--- End quote ---

You are spot on!

Penguin Nation:
Akron pounded by a previously winless team that lost to Duquesne lol.

How much longer does Akron fake being an FBS team?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version