YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois

<< < (20/21) > >>

HLecter:
I’m in the let Crenshaw hopefully develop camp.

On an un related note…….do the new NIL rules apply to our division?

Instead of giving coaches cars, maybe a local car dealer could dangle an Escalade or whatever the hot new ride is to a stud QB recruit?

Just almost joking

Where is Mickey Monus when you need him?

33Y0:

--- Quote from: HLecter on September 30, 2021, 11:02:22 AM ---I’m in the let Crenshaw hopefully develop camp.

On an un related note…….do the new NIL rules apply to our division?

Instead of giving coaches cars, maybe a local car dealer could dangle an Escalade or whatever the hot new ride is to a stud QB recruit?

Just almost joking

Where is Mickey Monus when you need him?

--- End quote ---
Jaleel actually just became the first Penguin on our football team to sign a NIL deal. He's signed with J Arnold Wealth Management. I don't think the amount has been disclosed, but I think he'll be doing some commercials, billboards, and other general advertising for the company. Good for Jaleel. Great kid.

Wick250:
Those of you who are out-of-town probably missed this, but we have an oral commitment from another dual threat local quarterback. We don't know if he can succeed at this level because he plays in an awful league against terrible competition.  However, unlike Crenshaw, he has been taught proper throwing technique by his father from the moment he first picked up a football. I have no idea if Brungard's kid is the long-range solution or just another public relations ploy.

Penguinesallin:
Blows my mind that people are ok with giving Crenshaw a chance even though his footwork is bad and he has poor throwing form but not Waid. I just don't get it. I watched  every game last year and Waid was running for his life because of our young O-line. Waid is just as strong a runner and a better pass than Crenshaw not to mention waid has the size.. I do believe our O-line is better than in the spring and we have better WR. I also  heard WAID was working with Greg Frey through out the summer and was doing great. I just dont think these coaches have a clue when it comes to QB.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: Penguinesallin on September 30, 2021, 04:01:44 PM ---Blows my mind that people are ok with giving Crenshaw a chance even though his footwork is bad and he has poor throwing form but not Waid. I just don't get it. I watched  every game last year and Waid was running for his life because of our young O-line. Waid is just as strong a runner and a better pa$$ than Crenshaw not to mention waid has the size.. I do believe our O-line is better than in the spring and we have better WR. I also  heard WAID was working with Greg Frey through out the summer and was doing great. I just dont think these coaches have a clue when it comes to QB.

--- End quote ---

Didn't Waid sustain an injury to his shoulder during fall camp? Perhaps he just can't throw right now. If he is 100% healthy, I agree with you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version