YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois

<< < (15/21) > >>

ytownchief22:
Money is the reason Phillips got hired, not resume. This program is dormant.

goodnews:
Maybe we hire Strollos wife to succeed him as AD.  She sure seemed to climb the pay scale with no experience.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: GoGuins on September 27, 2021, 03:59:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUinBoston on September 27, 2021, 02:58:20 PM ---It is too early to kill Phillips entirely.  This is obviously a less than ideal situation to start rebooting a college program.

That said----the school would do well to not make being from NE Ohio the A#1 top priority in hiring decisions.  I mean, the second choice was a high school coach, right?  Was Super Fan not available?

--- End quote ---

Superfan.....is he still around? If so, has to be pretty old

--- End quote ---

yes superfan tailgates next to us and he is there both games this year.

In terms of Strollo. Why does everyone think we have such a crispy/squeaky program that we can hire anyone we want and the best a their positions? We have things that are set & always going to be set. There is no AD on the planet that will come in here, play the game, (which includes keep his mouth shut), for the dollars we pay Strollo. There is no need to even look. Anyone that does know how to play the game as well as RS is seasoned with paycheck demands beyond well beyond YSU.

As to the game:

1. I hope all of you Crenshaw people see what he is. A player too short to pa$$ at the DI level. I would say that at least half of his pa$$es were tipped, with 6 being either a disaster, or near disaster. WIU played a balanced Montana and only managed 9 first-downs and no offensive TD's. Montana will be middle of the pack in their conference. We needed to do 2 things this past weekend to prevent a total collapse.
A) Go to true Wildcat to get some running yards.
B) get a receiving TE out there so Crenshaw has a bigger target to get some throwing yards.
So what happened? Does anyone else realize we never even crossed the 50 in the entire second half?

2. We show no signs of game planning, let alone adjust. Everyone knew that when this team gave up the TD late in Q2, this team was going to collapse.

3. Let's not keep saying about how good the team we played is, just because we get beat or play close. Last week there was one good player and WIU had maybe 3.

4. Only certain types of coaches can move a team in a different direction (ie: our clear attempt to become Cinci) and still perform with the players you inherited. This staff just does not have that ability. You have to interject players as you get them. In the mean time you are going to play much of the same style as your predecessor .

5. Also if I hear about how young our team is, I am going to get ill. This team had winter practice last year, half of a season against regular opposition in spring, workouts in the summer, fall camp. There is no team in YSU history with as much prep time going into a season. Yes everyone else has just the same, but that just goes to show how ill-prepared we are.

YSUGO:
Don’t you think Crenshaws throwing motion and footwork are an issue it took like he is throwing side arm and straight arming his throws.  You would of thought we could have worked that out by now

goodnews:
This is a vicious cycle.  We have a QB who struggles with the ability to throw to his WRs and stretch the field.  Therefore you will struggle to recruit WRs.  Who on the staff has the experience recruiting and developing a QB at this level?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version