YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois

<< < (14/21) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 27, 2021, 10:48:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on September 27, 2021, 10:43:32 AM ---PenguinPower

Can you expand on the following?

And I am fairly certain there are other things in play...... regarding some limits that Strollo in the athletic department have placed on Phillips ability to recruit exactly who he wants in the time frame that Philips wants to do it.

--- End quote ---

Let me just say that Phillips isn't going to purge the program like the SEC does with one year scholarships because it isn't fair to the athletes.....even if he wanted to do it   That's not the way YSU rolls.   If you can read between the lines on that.

--- End quote ---

Thanks

YSU1:
that mill whistle they blow during the game is annoying

Penguin Nation:
Playing the long game is fine. Speaking for myself, I'll tolerate losing seasons for years to come, as long as the program conducts itself with class.

The problem is that the Athletic Department is incompetent, and I mean incompetent in a legendary way. Supporting factors such as scheduling, funding, promotion will all be sabotaged by this ineptitude.

As long as Strollo is there...what you see is what will continue...and he is likely there for another 15 years....and then after he's retired, maybe you rebuild...or maybe you again hire another incompetent who's there for decades.

Also, the play calling gives the impression of a fear to play the game, and even a lack of understanding of basics like clock management and the need to adjust/respond to your opponents adjustments. I like DP...but IDK if someone who (or who's coordinators) call plays like that can upgrade enough to be an MVFC contender.

YSUinBoston:
It is too early to kill Phillips entirely.  This is obviously a less than ideal situation to start rebooting a college program.

That said----the school would do well to not make being from NE Ohio the A#1 top priority in hiring decisions.  I mean, the second choice was a high school coach, right?  Was Super Fan not available?

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: YSUinBoston on September 27, 2021, 02:58:20 PM ---It is too early to kill Phillips entirely.  This is obviously a less than ideal situation to start rebooting a college program.

That said----the school would do well to not make being from NE Ohio the A#1 top priority in hiring decisions.  I mean, the second choice was a high school coach, right?  Was Super Fan not available?

--- End quote ---

Superfan.....is he still around? If so, has to be pretty old

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version