YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois

<< < (11/21) > >>

ytownchief22:
This is what happens when you have a coaching staff full of D2 and D3 quality coaches and literal kids who were just playing college football 2 years ago and have never held an assistant job ever. Utterly embarrassing.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 26, 2021, 08:59:27 AM ---This is what happens when you have a coaching staff full of D2 and D3 quality coaches and literal kids who were just playing college football 2 years ago and have never held an a$$istant job ever. Utterly embarra$$ing.

--- End quote ---

This is the result of trying to save $$$.
I am curious if we have the lowest coaching budget in MVFC. However, that might not be case. Otherwise, our PR people from the athletic department would have publicized it……”we have the lowest budget, but we have the highest quality”.
When I was the faculty member, I used to hate to hear our marketing department emphasizes that YSU has the the lowest tuition among all the state universities and yet, we have the one of the highest quality education.
It is like walking into a GM dealership when the salesperson the Chevy sparks is the lowest cost vehicle in GM, but it as good as a Cadillac.

penguinpower:
This is a depth and personnel issue.  He went for it on 4the down for 2 reasons.  1. The defense was on the field for the entire second half.  They were vulnerable and not able to stop them anymore.  2.  If you can't make a single yard when you absolutely need it, then you don't deserve to win the game.

We do not have the depth and the personnel we do have need more development.  It is going to be a long rebuild.  It's going to take time. That was just a step backward.  If you are not threat to throw down field  you cannot win.  They brought everyone, all 11 people within 5 yards of the LOS and dared us to throw.  And we couldn't.  The QB needs a lesson in footwork for sure.

Patience

Penguin Nation:
The worst HCs in program history still are:

1) Bo Pelini (I doubt he ‘ll ever lose this distinction), and
2) Jon (I was handed the team of the 90s and 💩 on it) Heacock

The worst loss in recent program history is still the Butler loss....not to a “SEC of the FCS” team.

Maybe my goals are set too low, but DP hasn’t made me disgusted to be a Penguin fan or an alumni. He’s an immense upgrade to the filth that preceded him.

I’ll finish with two questions:

How was the FB program in the decade pre-AD Strollo?

How has it been with Strollo as AD?

ytownchief22:
Small time coaches recruiting and calling plays like they are at John Carroll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version