YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois

<< < (3/21) > >>

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 22, 2021, 03:00:47 PM ---Miami rarely loses at home, and teams usually struggle to score against them in their facility.  Yet Michigan State pretty much did whatever they wanted on offense. Incarnate Word can make all but a handful of elite FCS defenses look foolish. After opening with those two, our defensive statistics might not be a proper index to the abilities of this unit. As others have noted, let us see how this defense responds to league competition.

--- End quote ---

Well said!  My sentiments exactly.  This game is the barometer for the defense.  With UIW we had to use a lot of players - 1st game, running a fast paced offense, we were worn down.  MSU - same thing as we had to try to stop an elite Big10 team in the second game.  I think the run game is going to open up the passing game - control the game clock, keep their offense off the field and establish long scoring drives will be the key.  Looking forward to what we can do in the conference. D-line has to step it up this game, agains MSU we were in some good positions but missed tackles were an issue.  The conference is what you have prepared for and now is the time to set the tone.

GO GUINS

Double ET:
Does anyone know why today’s WFMJ Penguin Game day broadcast @ 7:30 pm was not shown?

Wick250:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 22, 2021, 09:19:47 PM ---Does anyone know why today’s WFMJ Penguin Game day broadcast @ 7:30 pm was not shown?

--- End quote ---

7:00 pm. You just missed it.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 22, 2021, 10:57:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on September 22, 2021, 09:19:47 PM ---Does anyone know why today’s WFMJ Penguin Game day broadcast @ 7:30 pm was not shown?

--- End quote ---

7:00 pm. You just missed it.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I meant to say 7 pm. The game show was shown at 7 pm. I just realized that it could be due to last week being the bye week.

Penguin Nation:
Good Hype vid: https://fb.watch/8cACzTlC5o/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version