YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Michigan State GameDay Thread

<< < (8/8)

Penquin68:
I was disappointed in our showing against MSU. Crenshaw did ok, but I thought he would do better. Naturally he didn't have time from our O line, but I still thought he would do better throwing the ball. On defense we were really out matched. Again I thought we would be slower than them, but we were really out physicaled also. I guess we are not as far along as I thought. I guess that is why we are called fans.

I see where DP is coming from at inproving our strength overall and recruiting young players we can develope. At our level we can't recruit players ready to play at our level, need to be developed. I guess JT did better than I thought at all this and made us competitive almost all the time. The only time we really looked over matched was the 1999 championship game against Georgia Southern. And their fans were the worst I ever experienced. In that game we lost an O lineman to breaking team rules and that really hurt. Their running back, Peterson I think, just ran over us. We might have done better if we stuck to our ground game when behind because our passing game was not that strong.

Watched the 1st half of the WIU game this past weekend. We better be able to throw the ball or we will be in trouble again. We can't live on just number 8.

Kandrase:
I think it's important to remember how we typically fair against Big 10 teams. The last time we played Michigan State they were ranked #24 and we lost 55-17. We finished that season 8-4.

This Michigan State team is currently ranked #20 and we lost 42-14.

I'm not saying we're an 8-4 team this year, but it's hard to read too much into a poor performance against a good P5 opponent.

This week against Western will give us a real idea of what this team is made of.

The YO Show:
Good points Kandrase

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version