YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Michigan State GameDay Thread

<< < (6/8) > >>

IAA Fan:
Snider and  Dantonio

goodnews:
Tressel came from a coaching family.  Second, there will never be another JT at YSU that u can count on.  Everyone needs to forget the reincarnation of JT and and move on from the 30 year old National Championships.  If people can accept that including Philips maybe he'll be successful.   

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  I am skeptical that Phillips can win.  But, way too early and with Phillips being Tressel's handpicked hire, he will get a lot of time.  But so far he is 2-7.  Western Illinois is a must win, the rest of the schedule is brutal.  I have serious concerns about Crenshaw's ability to throw down field.  We need to recruit a big time Qb who can make plays in the pass game.

Since last spring our pass attack is pathetic.

go guins:
This crap about beating up DP for losing to MSU is depressing.  This is his first real year as coach as EVERYTHING last year was screwed up. (for those of you that forgot or missed it, we had a world wide pandemic)  I'm not sure he's the right guy, but Luke Fickel and Jim Tressel do, and they know more about football that all on this thread!
We gave MSU a better game than Arron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers gave Saints, anybody saying all is lost in GB?
We are 1-1, did ANYBODY think we would be any different after 2 games? 
Frankly I feel more encouraged after the lost to MSU than I did after the win against UIW.   Certainly the MSU WR's were a ton faster than our DB's but so have many others including Terry Robiskie at OSU (a game I saw) and the guys at WVU.  Guys go to 1AA because they just don't have 1A size or 1A speed. Yes 1AA guys occasionally make the NFL, but as a general rule, size or speed help the decision process.  Now the the season starts.  Crenshaw has some serious game time under his belt, we have more wins than last season and the
check book is full. 
Time to see have we are going to stack up in the MVFC!  Most on this site are correct, we don't have enough good players, but you gotta start somewhere. DP didn't leave the cupboard bare, that a$$ Pelini did.  Give coach Phillips a chance.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on September 13, 2021, 08:10:23 AM ---
 Since last spring our pa$$ attack is pathetic.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  We most definitely need to throw the ball down the field.  But here is the big question.  Can you develop a sophisticated passing game when the offensive line can not pass block?  In his few pass attempts, Crenshaw had half the time to release the ball that the Incarnate Word and Michigan State quarterbacks received. I feel that the coaches know this and are using plays that have the best chance for success, given our obvious shortcomings up front. Now assigning blame for the sorry state of our o-line is a separate issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version