YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Michigan State GameDay Thread

<< < (5/8) > >>

goodnews:
Strollo and company hired a  HC who has zero coordinator experience at the D1 level yet is expected to turn this thing around .  Not to mention he has to compete with 6 MAC schools for recruits within OHIO.   No need to worry though we have Petersons 20 year old son as the recruiting coordinator.  I could go on and on but have lost my interest after 20 years. If u don't think there is a problem look no further than this forum where only 20 posts were  made today after playing Michigan State.

The YO Show:
Personal opinion here, but I don't think DP has done a bad job of recruiting thus far. I noticed he recruited linemen (which we desperately needed), and he hasn't done too bad with the transfer portal pickups he has.

I think everyone is being way to negative on him so far.

goodnews:
I think its just very frustrating that we've had to reset the program 3 times since Heacock.  Not to mention its hard to watch when u know we're a very long way from the top of the MVFC.  All the while Strollo has left the program worse off for the incoming replacement.  Wolford was the exception since he could recruit. 

Wick250:

--- Quote from: goodnews on September 12, 2021, 12:26:44 PM ---I think its just very frustrating that we've had to reset the program 3 times since Heacock.  Not to mention its hard to watch when u know we're a very long way from the top of the MVFC.  All the while Strollo has left the program worse off for the incoming replacement.  Wolford was the exception since he could recruit.

--- End quote ---

I share your opinion about Strollo.  But Tressel hand-picked Phillips. Strollo and his "advisors" wanted someone else. At least that is what my highly reliable sources within the university have told me. I am much more inclined to be patient under the circumstances.

YSUGO:
Just a quick thought JT had no Coordinator experience either when hired.  I couldn’t find anywhere ion the internet who the original assistants were.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version