YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MVFC Meat Grinder

<< < (3/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
At our level loyalty is all you get. Do you think any team, even a Montana, JMU or an NDSU get attendance due to the ability to see big time college football?  They are the only game. Heck, NDSU is one of only 2 teams in the entire state. Youngstown has 4 power-conference teams within just a few hours ride. OSU sells out because they see it on national TV each week and talk on the news every single day 365. There are 10 times more people that want to see a Buckeyes game than can buy tickets. Now if you can figure out how to do this in Youngstown, we are set. In the mean time, you push Penguin club & organizations that promote group ticket sales. You promote tailgating & pay your campus police.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 15, 2021, 10:46:51 AM ---At our level loyalty is all you get. Do you think any team, even a Montana, JMU or an NDSU get attendance due to the ability to see big time college football?  They are the only game. Heck, NDSU is one of only 2 teams in the entire state. Youngstown has 4 power-conference teams within just a few hours ride. OSU sells out because they see it on national TV each week and talk on the news every single day 365. There are 10 times more people that want to see a Buckeyes game than can buy tickets. Now if you can figure out how to do this in Youngstown, we are set. In the mean time, you push Penguin club & organizations that promote group ticket sales. You promote tailgating & pay your campus police.

--- End quote ---
That may have been true, but I'm seeing reports of unsold OSU tickets. 
10,000 TICKETS LEFT TO BE SOLD FOR OSU V. OREGON GAME
With five days to go before the Ohio State football home opener against Oregon at Ohio Stadium, the university still has roughly 10,000 tickets available.

Obviously some of this is covid-related, but still, the home opener vs. a credible P5 team.   How much of this is temporary and how much is caused by the overall fans' change in dynamics about attendance, things like cost, time, length of game/amount of commercials, etc. 

I also dispute the claim they sell out because they are discussed on TV and radio daily.  I would argue they are discussed on TV and radio daily BECAUSE they sell out.  I believe you have the cart before the horse.

The YO Show:
Most MVFC games are not even started, but as a preliminary update some good and some bad news. Good news, YSU's loss to Michigan State is looking better now with Michigan State blowing out #24 Miami and improving to 3-0 for the season.

Bad news, WIU is playing EWU pretty hard. I am expecting that they are going to give us quite the game next Saturday.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 18, 2021, 04:52:37 PM ---Most MVFC games are not even started, but as a preliminary update some good and some bad news. Good news, YSU's loss to Michigan State is looking better now with Michigan State blowing out #24 Miami and improving to 3-0 for the season.

Bad news, WIU is playing EWU pretty hard. I am expecting that they are going to give us quite the game next Saturday.

--- End quote ---

EWU up 48-21 3 min to go in the FIRST half I hope that  they do not give us a game.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 18, 2021, 05:44:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 18, 2021, 04:52:37 PM ---Most MVFC games are not even started, but as a preliminary update some good and some bad news. Good news, YSU's loss to Michigan State is looking better now with Michigan State blowing out #24 Miami and improving to 3-0 for the season.

--- End quote ---

EWU up 48-21 3 min to go in the FIRST half I hope that  they do not give us a game.

--- End quote ---

Make that 55-21 still in the first half.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version