YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Incarnate Word

<< < (10/13) > >>

YSU FAN#34:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 02, 2021, 10:56:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 02, 2021, 10:46:23 PM ---Good W. Clutch plays down the stretch. Still do not trust this coaching staff....

--- End quote ---

We were outcoached but still won. Players never gave up and made several clutch plays when they had to.

--- End quote ---

^^^^^this…still gonna be a tough couple years.  But I’ll take a squad that doesn’t quit Every. Damn. Day!

Wick250:
We have played against better quarterbacks.  We have played against better running backs.  We have played against better receivers. But have we ever played a FCS game against a better COMBINATION of those three positions? I would say no.

Crenshaw was excellent. No turnovers. Usually good decisions. Bright future.

The YO Show:
That game was a battle of wills. They would not stop passing, and we would not stop running. Crazy way to come out with a win.

Penquin68:
Play calling on offense is very questionable.  Need to pass more and when not so expected. Crenshaw looks really good and can run and throw.  Coaches afraid to call pass plays. Without 8 we are not a good running team. Crenshaw is a good runner also.

Defense was exposed today. Hope they can play better in future game against qbs that are not so good.  So much changing of personnel on our defense almost every play causes much confusion. And some plays people were uncovered. I think some of our d lineman were tired out by running on and off the field so much.

But after all that we played well at the end of the game. And number 8 is unbelievable.  So many times the original play is shut down. He reverses and make great plays out of plays that were stuffed. With 20 running the ball, it all changes and we are stopped.

Our kicker really saved the day. Great job today. Our talent is limited, but we can do better with an improvement in play calling on offense. And less substituting on defense so everyone is ready and prepared on most plays.

We will see what the coaches do in future games and what changes are made. Hopefully no one gets hurt next week and we can be ready for league play.

YSUGO:
Clutch FQ by the kicker.  QB looked good but let’s see how he progresses now that there is game tape on him.  Where would we be without #8. Who calls the plays does Phillips?  I feel Kliacek is back lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version