YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

mens basketball roster

<< < (2/3) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on July 19, 2021, 03:10:30 PM ---With so many on the roster I got to believe some of the frosh will red-shirt unless they come in and really shine.  I'm thinking Chicone and Lucarotti but you never know how they mature & grow over last season.

Yes,Irwin can really stroke it and has a college senior body already.

--- End quote ---
I agree on at least a few redshirts, and the #1 issue is replacing DQ, not a "stretch 4", but if you can shoot and rebound, you most often find some minutes sent your way!  I don't now anything about this kid's ambition, but he looks like an euro player to me.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2021, 10:06:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on July 19, 2021, 03:10:30 PM ---With so many on the roster I got to believe some of the frosh will red-shirt unless they come in and really shine.  I'm thinking Chicone and Lucarotti but you never know how they mature & grow over last season.

--- End quote ---
I agree on at least a few redshirts, and the #1 issue is replacing DQ, not a "stretch 4", but if you can shoot and rebound, you most often find some minutes sent your way!  I don't now anything about this kid's ambition, but he looks like an euro player to me.

--- End quote ---

Hopefully, Irwin can develop into Naz plus outside shooting capacity. I can always dream, right?

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on July 20, 2021, 02:06:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2021, 10:06:15 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hopefully, Irwin can develop into Naz plus outside shooting capacity. I can always dream, right?

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately you are in fact dreaming.  Naz had athletic ability Josh can only dream about.  But he has range Naz could only dream of.  I see Irwin as a YSU level Kevin Love.  Good shot, good rebounding solid but unspectacular play.  Hopefully he is also more durable than Love!

YSU1:
Being 5'10" in high school is ok.  5'10" in College is a whole different ballgame unless you are playing D3

goodnews:
Or you play for YSU and 75% of the roster is a stretch for D1. Although, if u have the right PG he can collapse the defense help get him open.  I wish him and the entire team nothing but success.  Maybe one day it will all come together and they will finally make the dance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version