YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football transfers and news thread for 2021

<< < (5/7) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on August 06, 2021, 11:15:42 PM ---2 verbals from Chardon

https://www.news-herald.com/2021/08/05/chardon-football-nathanael-sulka-alex-mcdonald-commit-to-youngstown-state/

--- End quote ---
Talent looks OK, but hair leaves something to be desired! 

peteonastick:
Again. I think the new staff is recruiting multi sport athletes. That is important at this level. Look at the Dakota teams and you will see wrestlers, track and basketball athletes along with football. Kids coming in that place in state at wrestling or were good basketball players with football talent will develop into kids who will contribute to this program. Need to do more of this. Especially at the O and D line positions. Get the wrestlers in those positions!!

The YO Show:
I am optimistic. I think there will be more growing pains, especially this year, but I am hopeful for developing towards the future.

go guins:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on August 10, 2021, 11:12:40 AM ---Again. I think the new staff is recruiting multi sport athletes. That is important at this level. Look at the Dakota teams and you will see wrestlers, track and basketball athletes along with football. Kids coming in that place in state at wrestling or were good basketball players with football talent will develop into kids who will contribute to this program. Need to do more of this. Especially at the O and D line positions. Get the wrestlers in those positions!!

--- End quote ---
This relates only as an example of multi-sports athletes.  Anybody see the Olympic Wrestler win a gold and do a full blown gymnastics tumbling run, ending is a full back flip!  It was impressive. 

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 10, 2021, 01:13:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: peteonastick on August 10, 2021, 11:12:40 AM ---Again. I think the new staff is recruiting multi sport athletes. That is important at this level. Look at the Dakota teams and you will see wrestlers, track and basketball athletes along with football. Kids coming in that place in state at wrestling or were good basketball players with football talent will develop into kids who will contribute to this program. Need to do more of this. Especially at the O and D line positions. Get the wrestlers in those positions!!

--- End quote ---
This relates only as an example of multi-sports athletes.  Anybody see the Olympic Wrestler win a gold and do a full blown gymnastics tumbling run, ending is a full back flip!  It was impressive. 

--- End quote ---

Gable Steveson. Phenomenal athlete. Probably could play in the NFL right now. Will be the greatest heavyweight wrestler in if he continues competing internationally. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version