YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WIU Game

<< < (8/10) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 06, 2021, 11:03:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penquin68 on April 06, 2021, 08:38:20 AM ---Another thought is that I think Western Illinois is in serious financial trouble. Their last 2 games being canceled are road game which in this conference can be very expensive.

--- End quote ---

I think that they and ISU red should be reprimanded by the league big time. I doubt that lack of players is the reason and agree that money, or lack there of, is the real reason.

Two road games for them means two home games for the other schools. All schools had the same number of home and away games, so it is likely that these two schools made their away games and deserved a chance to play at home and maybe make some money.

At least ISU blue made the call not to play up front.

--- End quote ---
I'm looking at the stands on our home games and the ESPN+ broadcasts and I'm not seeing anybody covering expenses so far.  Not even NDSU who could pack the place if they were allowed, had enough, I think 500?  Can't make money with government restrictions like that!
Only decent crowd in any sport in a year was the Texas Rangers!  My new favorite team.  Tribe is a bunch of cheap losers.  Indian tribes should push a name change for this bunch of no hit wonders. No "tomahawk chop" in Cleveland.  They just leave the tomahawk on their shoulder until the ump. calls them out!

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 06, 2021, 11:13:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penquin68 on April 06, 2021, 08:38:20 AM ---Another thought is that I think Western Illinois is in serious financial trouble. Their last 2 games being canceled are road game which in this conference can be very expensive.

--- End quote ---

I think that they and ISU red should be reprimanded by the league big time. I doubt that lack of players is the reason and agree that money, or lack there of, is the real reason.

Two road games for them means two home games for the other schools. All schools had the same number of home and away games, so it is likely that these two schools made their away games and deserved a chance to play at home and maybe make some money.

--- End quote ---
I'm looking at the stands on our home games and the ESPN+ broadcasts and I'm not seeing anybody covering expenses so far.  Not even NDSU who could pack the place if they were allowed, had enough, I think 500?  Can't make money with government restrictions like that!
Only decent crowd in any sport in a year was the Texas Rangers!  My new favorite team.  Tribe is a bunch of cheap losers.  Indian tribes should push a name change for this bunch of no hit wonders. No "tomahawk chop" in Cleveland.  They just leave the tomahawk on their shoulder until the ump. calls them out!

--- End quote ---

f*** MLB

guinpen:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on April 06, 2021, 11:22:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on April 06, 2021, 11:13:41 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

f*** MLB

--- End quote ---

ditto on mlb

go guins:
I'm fine with telling MLB to F _ _ _ OFF!  But my point was NOBODY is making money off empty stadiums.  Not the NCAA schools, not pro sports.  NFL makes enough off TV they can get by, but everybody else relies on attendance, and NOBODY (but the Rangers) are putting enough butts in the seats to cover costs.   

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 07, 2021, 11:41:15 AM ---I'm fine with telling MLB to F _ _ _ OFF!  But my point was NOBODY is making money off empty stadiums.  Not the NCAA schools, not pro sports.  NFL makes enough off TV they can get by, but everybody else relies on attendance, and NOBODY (but the Rangers) are putting enough butts in the seats to cover costs.

--- End quote ---

Temporary government restrictions are the least of our concerns when it comes to attendance IMO, I've seen some pretty thin crowds the last few years, especially late in the season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version