YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WIU Game

<< < (7/10) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 04, 2021, 08:56:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on April 03, 2021, 11:16:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on April 03, 2021, 10:45:02 PM ---This is  very sloppy game, we need to take control, long drive with points

--- End quote ---
First time this season YSU has been out hustled out coached. DP has some work to do. Hard to believe a 1-4 team was overconfident but that’s just what they look like.

--- End quote ---

I agree, we were out coached in the 2nd half

--- End quote ---
yes, but we were out hustled big time.  First time we've quit in a game.  We played NDSU to the very last play.  Made me proud, Saturday made me sad. How in the world can a 1-4 team be overconfident?!?!?  Hard to believe.

Penquin68:
I just saw that Western Illinois has canceled the remainder of their football season due to a lack of players at some positions. And after they beat us!

Penquin68:
Another thought is that I think Western Illinois is in serious financial trouble. Their last 2 games being canceled are road game which in this conference can be very expensive.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on April 06, 2021, 08:38:20 AM ---Another thought is that I think Western Illinois is in serious financial trouble. Their last 2 games being canceled are road game which in this conference can be very expensive.

--- End quote ---
...........and they beat us!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on April 06, 2021, 08:38:20 AM ---Another thought is that I think Western Illinois is in serious financial trouble. Their last 2 games being canceled are road game which in this conference can be very expensive.

--- End quote ---

I think that they and ISU red should be reprimanded by the league big time. I doubt that lack of players is the reason and agree that money, or lack there of, is the real reason.

Two road games for them means two home games for the other schools. All schools had the same number of home and away games, so it is likely that these two schools made their away games and deserved a chance to play at home and maybe make some money.

At least ISU blue made the call not to play up front.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version