YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WIU Game

<< < (6/10) > >>

Double ET:
I assumed ESPN would have some type of minimum professional broadcasting standard. Clearly, I was wrong. The color commentator was just awful. There simply wasn’t any way to sugar coat that one.

Penquin68:
Agree with most of the posts.  The announcers were sure lacking and high school might be too high for them.

Our O line was really exposed, but we didn't have anything to counter their run blitzing on every run down. I could predict run or pass so I am sure Western did also and looked like they were in our huddle.  Our pass blocking was not good so Wade didn't have any time and our receivers were covered. Most throws were short and Western knew it.  Not sure if Wade is enough of a passer to get us out of this run blitzing they did.  I hope it is just poor play calls and a need of an O line improvement and receivers also so they are open. Hard to believe our coaches couldn't come up with something to counter their all out run blitzing.

And 2 special team touchdowns really were the difference with all the other weaknesses we had.  Western should have had 2 more TDs and a field goal or 2 more and it was still close.  Our 2nd half offence was terrible.  They knew our tendencies and brought the house to those tendencies. And they were right most of the time. Other games the other team didn't believe in a total gamble and we were able to survive.  Not last night.

goodnews:
High school announcers, inferior facilities, poor recruiting area and a victory over the once proud YSU Penguins

guinpen:

--- Quote from: goodnews on April 04, 2021, 06:32:00 PM ---High school announcers, inferior facilities, poor recruiting area and a victory over the once proud YSU Penguins

--- End quote ---
All that may be true but I predict that their freshman qb will never beat us again.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 I am rooting for Mark Waid, local QB, want him to be the guy.  I have doubts, there must have been a reason why YSU and Lehigh at our level were the only schools recruiting him.  In the pocket he struggles, the two 4th quarter interceptions were bad.  Locked in on one receiver.  I realize he is just a redshirt freshman, I think he deserves to start next year and be given every change.   Waid appears to be much more comfortable throwing on the move. 

But without a great or at least a very good QB it is going to be very hard to be a playoff contender. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version