YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WIU Game

<< < (5/10) > >>

Wick250:
I'm quite sure this night was historic.  Giving up touchdowns on both a punt return and a kickoff return in the same freakin' game. That was not even the most disturbing thing.  A bad football team run blitzed on nearly every down in the second half and we had no answer. Not a thing in our playbook to counter that. Shameful.

YSU1:
should have run quick slants instead of out patterns.  and run that big tight end in the middle of the field because their linebackers were on the line of scrimmage. didn't have much time to throw.  their offensive line was not big so they must have been strong and fast.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 03, 2021, 11:16:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on April 03, 2021, 10:45:02 PM ---This is  very sloppy game, we need to take control, long drive with points

--- End quote ---
First time this season YSU has been out hustled out coached. DP has some work to do. Hard to believe a 1-4 team was overconfident but that’s just what they look like.

--- End quote ---

I agree, we were out coached in the 2nd half

penguinpower:
The team is young and inconsistent. 
Theme of the game was special teams.  We had so many problems with special teams it kept WIU in the game.

What I will say is that they were at home, at night and they probably felt they should have won against Northern Iowa. 

The real issue I see is that the wide receiver routes are just awful and have not improved.  It's the only area that really hasn't improved.

YSU1:
Western Illinois's football field looks like a high school field.  their announcers sounded like they were in high school.  and we lost.  not a good night
the 90's were sure a long time ago
number 8 for YSU reminds me of Shawn Patton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version