YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

North Dakota game

(1/3) > >>

Wick250:
The silence about football during this bizarre season is deafening. I could understand that if the team remained as inept as the first two weeks.  But there has been substantial progress over the last three games. 

North Dakota is dangerous because they are accomplished on the ground (206yds.) and in the air (207yds.)  On paper we do not match up at all on offense, but on defense we have the statistical advantage (310 to 374.) They are particularly vulnerable through the air, last in the conference in pass defense (too bad that does not matter for us.)

There are two things that could work in our favor.  North Dakota began with three consecutive home games. This will be their third consecutive road game, and that is tough on anybody.  More importantly, they played NDSU last week. Teams in our conference rarely play particularly well the week after that game.

Only a fool would try to project off of comparative scores.  But North Dakota managed only 21 points at home off of that bad South Dakota team.  They also yielded 153 yards rushing to that nonexistent South Dakota ground game (129 after you reduce the lost yardage from four sacks.)

This Saturday will be an excellent measuring stick as we look ahead to next fall.

Kandrase:
I believe the lack of interest is because at this point the season is pretty much meaningless besides the team growing.

There's no playoffs or conference championship on the line  for us so I can see why lots of folks aren't super enthused.

I'm very excited for this team, but moreso excited about what's to come in the fall.

Penquin68:
The improvement over the last few games is unbelievable. This week will tell us for sure if what we think as improvement is real. I think it is. The coaches approach to the kids seems really good and shows how much can be done with positive coaching and fundamental teaching. These games are great for our development and evaluating our future needs. So I feel these games are very important to us. And hopefully a few good new freshman and transfers to fill our greatest needs.

peteonastick:
Hearing game is canceled. Covid protocols. No official word yet.

4lessgovt:
Moved to April 17.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version