YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Transfer Portal

<< < (12/15) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: mudclods on April 28, 2021, 08:58:14 AM ---Figured Naz was coming back with Covington, Akuchie & Thomas returning.

Really surprised with DQ going to Fordham.  Outside of being in NYC, just wonder on the allure there.  As it was mentioned, they were 2-12 last year and the Atlantic 10 isn't a huge jump in exposure from the Horizon League. 

The ankle injury and COVID obviously changed things, but I just felt like all last year those were an odd dynamic/disconnect with him.  Wish him the best and maybe with a healthy ankle, he can get back to where he was his sophomore year, but like the others said he'll probably be playing overseas.

--- End quote ---

NYC would be a negative in my book.  With their record it must be a case where getting playing time is more important than winning.

Penguin Nick:
The Atlantic 10 is a far superior league than the Horizon League (not just a "step up").  That being said, Fordham stinks and I'm surprised he selected them.  Does Q still have two years of eligibility left?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on April 27, 2021, 09:10:55 PM ---KP was a better athlete but I think DQ is the better overall player as he's a true point guard.

--- End quote ---

Yes, DQ was a better point guard than KP. I believe KP was a much better shooting guard than DQ.

When at YSU, KP had the uncanny ability to drive toward the hoop and pull up hitting the mid range jumper. He could also shoot the 3 balls. That is probably why he is doing well in the European league where shooting the 3 ball is a must (since zone defense is allowed).

This season, DQ has not shown me his ability to effectively run point and to consistently hit the outside jumpers (possibly due to his injuries).

If he could not recover his shooting touch, I wonder if he would be successful in the European league, let alone the NBA.

ucfpengbuck:
Dwayne Cohlll a 6-2 guard from the University of Dayton has transfered to YSU.  He missed last season with an injury.

ucfpengbuck:
Cheick Traore is transfering per verbal commits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version