YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Transfer Portal

<< < (4/15) > >>

YSU1:
Gee will they have a team next year

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 21, 2021, 08:57:04 AM ---Christian Bentley transferring out.

--- End quote ---

He was already a senior.  Didn't expect him to stay.  I had hoped he would have contributed more this year, but his playing time really decreased.  Even when DQ was out, he really didn't play much

Double ET:

--- Quote from: mudclods on March 22, 2021, 09:23:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 21, 2021, 08:57:04 AM ---Christian Bentley transferring out.

--- End quote ---

He was already a senior.  Didn't expect him to stay.  I had hoped he would have contributed more this year, but his playing time really decreased.  Even when DQ was out, he really didn't play much

--- End quote ---

I was actually surprised that he didn’t enter the transfer portal earlier. With his diminished playing time this year, obviously, he was not in the game plan.
If several starting seniors (Covington, Naz, Acuchie) decided to stay, he might not be offered a scholarship. It would not surprise me if we will lose couple more marginal players if scholarships are not available.
I hope we could pick up couple D1 senior transfers via the portal.

YSU1:
The transfer portal hurts the mid majors and lower.  it will be hard to hang onto kids and build a program.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 29, 2021, 03:12:55 PM ---The transfer portal hurts the mid majors and lower.  it will be hard to hang onto kids and build a program.

--- End quote ---
Hurts occasionally, helps occasionally.  We are loosing DQ which is a huge hurt, but we picked up RB Jaleel McLaughlin LB Grant Dixon and a host of others that have really helped the FB team.  We also have WBB and MBB transfers coming, not proven yet, but may be helpful as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version