YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Johnson Suspended

(1/6) > >>

IAA Fan:
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) — Youngstown State University a$$istant coach Tim Johnson will not be permitted on the sidelines for the remainder of the season after he was caught on video hitting an opposing player.

In the video, you can see Johnson (in white) lower his shoulder into University of Northern Iowa wide receiver Quan Hampton as he runs out of bounds, knocking the player down. The television broadcast video went viral on social media Saturday afternoon.

North Carolina man gets revenge on porch pirate with spicy warning
“I apologize to UNI, Youngstown State, the Missouri Valley Football Conference and our community for what occurred on Saturday,” Tim Johnson, YSU director of player personnel, said in a statement. “As a member of the YSU Football staff, my actions are held in high regard and that should have never occurred. Again, I deeply apologize to all who have been impacted by my actions.”

Johnson is a former All-American for the YSU Penguins, and this is his first season as a member of the Youngstown State football staff.

UNI won the game 21-0. The Penguins return to play this Saturday, when they host Southern Illinois.

guinpen:
Not surprised, saw it happen and assumed he would hear about it. Glad player did not get hurt. Sure he regrets doing it.

YSU1:
not a good look for YSU.

ytownchief22:
Get that man a jersey and a helmet and let him start at LB.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 01, 2021, 10:08:42 PM ---not a good look for YSU.

--- End quote ---
ditto  we don't need crap like that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version