YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UNI Gameday Thread

<< < (8/15) > >>

ytownchief22:
Looked like a high school offense out there

Wick250:
This is by far the worst offensive line in our DI history. They are incapable of opening holes for our backs and pass block so poorly that our quarterbacks have no chance to throw downfield. Unfortunately, that line is the one component of a football team for which there is no quick fix. It will take at least three years of recruiting and development. This is Bo's legacy after his five year tenure.

Double ET:

Thanks to you guys for explaining it to me, I can see where there is an option to run but that would be rare. My main concern is helping field position. Distance and hang time!
[/quote]

There are a few ARF P/K guys in the nfl also.
Some of these guys were fast and strong and they have run down and tackled punt returners. Many of ARF guys started out playing rugby (tackling without pads). With pads, they are not easily intimidated by punt returners.

The YO Show:
Don't forget, our single returning offensive lineman was out this game too. I don't know that it improves it all that much but I think our offensive line wasn't the big issue this game. Our wide receivers also didn't get open much, but I don't know if I can really make much of a sense of it from the few passes we threw.

Penquin68:
Playing two qb's is not working. As I said last week, we need Waid due to his running ability and size with such a poor offensive line. And at rb we need the new guy compared to our two from last year.  And they need to play to get more comfortable. It reminds me of when Haycock was the coach and we played OSU. He played everyone and we lost big. It was almost like a scrimmage where we weren't trying our best to keep the score as good as it could be. Looked similar today. And our punter really didn't help.  It seems he got a pass until his 2nd or 3rd shank and we got back to the guy from last year who did well.  There is no doubt that we need more good players and that will take time, but playing everyone doesn't give us our best chance in these games. Maybe we are playing this as spring practice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version