YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU UIC MBB

<< < (3/3)

Double ET:
I I think DQ has not regained his confidence in the pull up jump shots as well as the step back 3 point shots. Timing on some of his layups was still a little off.
Vargo was put in the game to shoot the 3 balls. When the shots were not falling, his effectiveness has greatly diminished.
Ogoro has some good drives towards the basket. I wish he could pull up for 8-10 foot jump shots instead of running the defender over to commit the offensive foul. DQ has not regained his confidence in the pull up jump shots as well as the step back 3 point shots. Timing on some of his layups was still a little off.
Vargo was put in the game to shoot the 3 balls. When the shots were not falling, his effectiveness has greatly diminished.
Ogoro has some good drives towards the basket. I wish he could pull up for 8-10 foot jump shots instead of running the defender over to commit the offensive foul.
There is little doubt that coach will stay with the starters plus hamperians, Ogoro and Hunter.

mudclods:
Have to wonder what DQ does next year now.  He's already graduated.  He tested the NBA waters last year, no way anything changes on that front.  I didn't figure we'd see him for a 4th year, but does that change now due to his ankle & lower production, the pandemic, and now the ability for the seniors to have another year of eligibility?  Does any of the seniors return for a 5th year...Naz, Covington, Akuchie, Thomas or Kelley?  Or does he transfer with the hope of playing on a bigger stage, but also risk less playing time and scoring? 

ucfpengbuck:
Good questions mud.  Not sure what the time frame will be when we start hearing if any of the seniors make a decision either way.  Not sure how that effects recruiting.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 01, 2021, 09:21:47 PM ---Good questions mud.  Not sure what the time frame will be when we start hearing if any of the seniors make a decision either way.  Not sure how that effects recruiting.

--- End quote ---

A couple weeks back Coach said they weren't going to discuss it until after the season ended.  Even though it's probably not realistic, could you imagine if everyone came back!? Would be be fun to think to about, and could probably really fill up Beeghly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version