YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UNI

<< < (2/4) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on February 24, 2021, 10:01:43 AM ---This game scares me every year, seems that even when we had really good teams and them not, we struggle. I am not sure about their defense but hope that with 1 game behind us we will be able to open up more on O.

--- End quote ---
ditto, we always seem to struggle with UNI,
we better open up Saturday ready to play.  DP is still talking Craycraft.  Waid must be an absolutely terrible practice player.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 24, 2021, 12:06:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on February 24, 2021, 10:01:43 AM ---This game scares me every year, seems that even when we had really good teams and them not, we struggle. I am not sure about their defense but hope that with 1 game behind us we will be able to open up more on O.

--- End quote ---
ditto, we always seem to struggle with UNI,
we better open up Saturday ready to play.  DP is still talking Craycraft.  Waid must be an absolutely terrible practice player.

--- End quote ---

I still didn’t like how Craycraft’s eyes locked on to the primary receiver in NDSU game last Sunday. He should have had couple of those passes picked off.
It might also be possible that Craycraft could perform extremely well during practice. Unfortunately, I have not seen that translated into success in the game situation.
DP has also not mentioned our 3 star QB recruit. I wonder if he plans to redshirt him.

dwj:
In do not think that this season counts against eligibility.  If so no need to redshirt.  Hopefully Crenshaw gets some playing time this spring.  He had offers from Indiana, Kentucky, Cincinnati to name a few.  He is too talented to sit on the bench at YSU.  If so he will not be here long.  I have heard talk about footwork issues, but that's why we have QB coaches.  A raw talent that may have the potential to elevate the QB position here to a level equal to the better teams in our league.

The best QB should get the job.  That determination may not come till fall but everyone should get a shot this spring.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Crenshaw not playing this spring, unless there are major injuries at QB.  Mitch Davidson is #3 on depth chart.
As for UNI, they are preseason a top 10 team with the all conference first team preseason QB.  They are expected to be very good. Despite losing the battle of statistics, it took a last minute touchdown by SDST to beat them.  SDST is a top 10, and maybe top 5 team.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: dwj on February 24, 2021, 03:14:29 PM ---In do not think that this season counts against eligibility.  If so no need to redshirt.  Hopefully Crenshaw gets some playing time this spring.  He had offers from Indiana, Kentucky, Cincinnati to name a few.  He is too talented to sit on the bench at YSU.  If so he will not be here long.  I have heard talk about footwork issues, but that's why we have QB coaches.  A raw talent that may have the potential to elevate the QB position here to a level equal to the better teams in our league.

The best QB should get the job.  That determination may not come till fall but everyone should get a shot this spring.

--- End quote ---

Crenshaw needs a TON of work throwing the ball right now. He will not be seeing the field.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version