YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NDSU Gameday

<< < (15/15)

goodnews:
Tressel Ball (basically Joe Paterno) or whatever you wanna call it works when Jim Tressel is on the sidelines. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: goodnews on February 23, 2021, 10:53:45 AM ---Tressel Ball (basically Joe Paterno) or whatever you wanna call it works when Jim Tressel is on the sidelines.

--- End quote ---
That implies it doesn't work when Phillips is on the sidelines.  We'll, frankly is part of my enjoyment Sunday was seeing the sweeter vest patrolling our sidelines again.  Anybody think that was a coincidence?  Gibbs Rule 39: There is no such thing as a coincidence
I think Coach Phillips deserves a chance to establish "Phillips ball" and if it looks a lot like Tressel ball, all the better!  For me "a chance" is at LEAST 3 seasons,

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 23, 2021, 10:41:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on February 23, 2021, 10:24:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on February 23, 2021, 10:20:18 AM ---Jim Tressel had the best offensive and defensive lines in 1-AA. 
--- End quote ---

Not sure I agree with this statement.

--- End quote ---
  I thought we had the best prepared and coached team in all 6. 

--- End quote ---

I agree with this statement

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 23, 2021, 11:01:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on February 23, 2021, 10:53:45 AM ---Tressel Ball (basically Joe Paterno) or whatever you wanna call it works when Jim Tressel is on the sidelines.

--- End quote ---
That implies it doesn't work when Phillips is on the sidelines.  We'll, frankly is part of my enjoyment Sunday was seeing the sweeter vest patrolling our sidelines again.  Anybody think that was a coincidence?  Gibbs Rule 39: There is no such thing as a coincidence
I think Coach Phillips deserves a chance to establish "Phillips ball" and if it looks a lot like Tressel ball, all the better!  For me "a chance" is at LEAST 3 seasons,

--- End quote ---

To me calling it Jim Tressel is just a label. The more talent the better but the key is to have the team prepared and then be able to coach the team during the course of the game especially the 4th qtr.

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on February 23, 2021, 11:19:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on February 23, 2021, 11:01:55 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

To me calling it Jim Tressel is just a label. The more talent the better but the key is to have the team prepared and then be able to coach the team during the course of the game especially the 4th qtr.

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, I'm not sure the most important thing is coaching.  To have the talent is critical  Certainly both are important.  If you took Sunday's game and removed all the last couple months of transfers, leaving what Pelini left and the recruiting class, we would have been run right out of the gym!  Talent and coaching.  IMO, we were coached very well Sunday and it was still 25-7.   The big hurdle for DP is NOT the next 7 spring games, but his first "start to finish" recruiting class.  We simply aren't good enough to compete in the MVFC just yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version