YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NDSU Gameday

<< < (14/15) > >>

goodnews:
The endless obsession of a reincarnation of JT in someone else is beyond played out at YSU. Tressel Ball doesn't work in 2021 and most realize that.  Phillips may talk like Tressel but he isn't anymore like him then his 3 predisessors.  Everyone needs to move on and embrace the here and now and be glad if you had the pleasure of experiencing YSU FOOTBALL IN THE 90s.

go guins:

--- Quote from: goodnews on February 22, 2021, 11:26:40 PM ---The endless obsession of a reincarnation of JT in someone else is beyond played out at YSU. Tressel Ball doesn't work in 2021 and most realize that.  Phillips may talk like Tressel but he isn't anymore like him then his 3 predisessors.  Everyone needs to move on and embrace the here and now and be glad if you had the pleasure of experiencing YSU FOOTBALL IN THE 90s.

--- End quote ---
"Tressel ball" doesn't look the same, but it certainly does work.  It works at 31-24 not 17-14 but it still works.  Look at national championship game.  Yes we remember Smith making our DBs look silly, but watch the game tape again,  When we needed a 1st down they shut down the running game and when they needed a first, Harris picked it up every time.  I agree with your "hear and now" and think Doug Phillips deserves no less, but if you can run and stop the run, you have an excellent chance of winning.  What did Big Ben rack up in the playoff game against the Browns, 500+ yards.  But we ran the ball effectively, and stopped their running.  Long live Tressel ball!

goodnews:
Jim Tressel had the best offensive and defensive lines in 1-AA.   That will not happen again.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: goodnews on February 23, 2021, 10:20:18 AM ---Jim Tressel had the best offensive and defensive lines in 1-AA. 
--- End quote ---

Not sure I agree with this statement.

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on February 23, 2021, 10:24:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on February 23, 2021, 10:20:18 AM ---Jim Tressel had the best offensive and defensive lines in 1-AA. 
--- End quote ---

Not sure I agree with this statement.

--- End quote ---
I agree with guinpen.  I saw us play for 6 national championships (NOT all live) and I thought we had the most talented team on the field in exactly 1 of those games.  I thought we had the best prepared and coached team in all 6.  I thought OSU had a significantly less talented team in 2002.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version