YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NDSU Gameday

<< < (13/15) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Agree with much of what has been said.  I don't think we were outcoached, I like what I saw overall from the staff.  We need better players.  Bo's last year 2-6, and many blowout losses, this process will be baby steps.  But I think Phillips will get talent and by the fall of 2022 we will be a playoff team.

As for NDSU, I listened to most of the game, Hannon said they played without their all conference fullback and starting safety.  What is frightful is that NDSU is very young, and isn't going anywhere.  Hannon also said that they have a transfer from Va. Tech who will be eligible to play QB in the fall who was a 4 star recruit out of high school.  But many of you may be right, this could be the year that SDSU wins the conference.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 21, 2021, 05:59:27 PM ---This NDSU team is not anywhere near past years teams.

--- End quote ---
Agreed

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 21, 2021, 06:56:28 PM ---Can definitely tell the players were playing hard and didn't quit, unlike under Pelini.

--- End quote ---
Really nice effort.  Also not a ton stupid penalties like offside motion etc. and not players running in and out, not knowing were they were supposed to be.  All good signs for Phillips and his staff. 

go guins:
This is MVFC and while not the pros it's probably still fair to say "there is not such thing as a moral victory,"  While I didn't feel like we won anything Sunday, I certainly had a better feeling about where we are than I did going in the game.. Frankly 42-0 wouldn't have shocked me.  We played much better defense than I expected, and pass defense with all the freshman was pretty damn good. Would have been interesting to have Waid and an open playbook for 4 quarters. 
All that being said, UNI lost 24-20 at SDSU so we are going to be up against it again Saturday.
Truth is, Sunday was as good as we could have expected.  LOTS of kids got big time experience and certainly shouldn't have felt crushed in any way, and I didn't notice any significant injuries.  1 down, 7 more games until we get to fall and meaningful football.

penguinpower:
Promising.

1.  I like the fact that he's ok it his best players on defense.  He appears to be building like Luke Fickell and Jim Tressel.
2.  We didnt make too many stupid mistakes.
3.  They played hard every snap and didn't give in.
4.  Disciplined for such a young team.

Tressel Ball is back in my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version