YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NDSU Gameday

<< < (11/15) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 21, 2021, 05:59:27 PM ---This NDSU team is not anywhere near past years teams.

--- End quote ---

They sure did not impress but they got the win.

Wick250:
For those of you who are actually upset right now, I will just say this.  Tressel was 2-9 in his first year, he inherited more talent from Narduzzi than Pelini left for Phillips, and the OVC in 1986 was a weak conference compared to the modern MVFC.

Disregarding the transfers that Phillips brought in, take a look at the juniors and seniors that Phillips inherited.  How many would you label as "good" football players?  Two? Three? It will take years to develop these ridiculously young players.

No turnovers, few penalties, playing hard to the final whistle. Many of the things on Peteonastick's list could be checked off today.

guinpen:
Thought that the D played pretty well.

With 4 new faces on the O line I am not shocked that they started slow, will take some time to jell. Thought that we looked slow on O at times.

Tried watching how the coach handled himself, seemed under control to me.

ytownchief22:
Can definitely tell the players were playing hard and didn't quit, unlike under Pelini.

Penquin68:
I think we need Waid at QB to have a chance on offense. Our O line is not good enough to have a running game, especially with our smaller running backs. We need Waid to add the bigger runner we so desperately need and the extra person to be concerned about. Craycraft is a more traditional QB who will have trouble without a running game. Maybe later in the year he can do well.

Defense played well but needs more size to be competitive at the highest level. I am hopefully that the D will be acceptable this year and really good in the future.

Coaches looked under control and players played hard. Good for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version