YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

IUPUI

<< < (2/3) > >>

Penquin68:
I agree that we just stand at the 3 point line with 4 players, wait for an open look that rarely comes, shoot the 3 and get back on defense. Other teams get inside and mid range shots that are open and make them. If 3's aren't falling for us we are in trouble like yesterday. Need more than layups and 3's to win. Yesterday it seems like we worked hard to get inside and it resulted in steals and turnovers on difficult passes and tight quarters. And the other team wasn't all that athletic or tall.

mudclods:
Terrible loss that shouldn't have been.  YSU should clearly be the better team.  That run at the end of the first half by IUPUI really set the tone for the rest of the game.  YSU just lost their intensity and toughness during that run and the rest of the game.  What looked like was going to be a blowout and maybe one of YSU's best games of the year sure turned the opposite direction.  YSU missed a couple point blank layups and DQ going just 3-6 at the line hurt as well.

And in the end, Akuchie doesn't get to double figures and YSU can't hold a team to 70 or less and that's usually the recipe for a loss.     

With NKU & Oakland both winning, even if YSU had pulled it out they wouldn't have had a shot at the top 4 seeds and getting that opening round bye.  The loss though does mean YSU will have a losing record in league play now doesn't guarantee a winning record overall for the year.

I expect YSU to regroup and come back and win tonight, get a home game and win the opening round of the conference tournament, but I'm not sure if this team can then beat 3 good teams in a row.     

Double ET:
Pull this out at the end. YSU 77-70.

ytownchief22:
This team can beat anybody and they can lose by 10+ to anybody.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 20, 2021, 09:51:33 PM ---This team can beat anybody and they can lose by 10+ to anybody.

--- End quote ---

I agree and what does that tell you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version