YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

IUPUI

<< < (3/3)

mudclods:
This team is just hard to figure out.  There's spurts when they can look unstoppable then spurts when no one can score and they get sloppy with the ball.  The number of turnovers in both games this weekend were ugly are concerning.  I thought both games were very similar other than YSU didn't allow IUPUI to go on the big runs they did in game one, they were a little tougher, and shot better at the FT line.

Game 2 was also that magic number of YSU keeping a team to 70 or less that.  I just looked back and YSU was 15-3 last year when holding a team to 70 or less and 10-1 this year.  That means YSU only only 3 other games last year and 4 this year when they didn't.  That's pretty telling.  This team wins when it plays good defense.

I wish DQ could get back his shooting form.  He's only shooting at 34% and 24% from 3 compared to 42% and 31% last year.  Really need him to play better to make a run in the tourney.  You have to wonder what he's going to do next year now.     

Glad to see them get the W on Saturday and end the regular season winning 6 of the last 7 and guaranteeing a winning season, just a shame they gave several games away in the closing mins or the season would have felt a whole lot different.       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version