YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Braxton Chapman

(1/2) > >>

dwj:
I see Braxton Chapman is transferring to N. Ill.  Anyone know why?  He is a big back and seemed to do OK when given a chance to play.

Penquin68:
Our former running backs coach under Pelini is a coach Northern Ill.  Both Chapman and our former tight end have transferred to Northern Ill.  I always thought Chapman should have played more than he did.  Much like Jelani Simmons in basketball. Both were good in my opinion and better than some players getting more time. And they both had a future here.  Not sure what the transfer rules are now under the liberalized NCAA, but if FCS players can transfer to FCS or FBS schools without sitting out a year, all of FCS is in trouble.  Not sure again, but I think basketball is similar or the same rule.

ytownchief22:
He was told he would not be the starter. Wanted playing time elsewhere.

guinpen:
I thought he was not used enough, sorry to see but go but wish him the best. I a$$umed that Bo was the problem but wonder now.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 15, 2021, 04:43:28 PM ---He was told he would not be the starter. Wanted playing time elsewhere.

--- End quote ---

Always strange to see someone go up a subdivision to get more PT, but this makes sense considering the MAC may be a step down from the MVFC in terms of competition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version