Author Topic: MBB YSU over PFE 72-70  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
MBB YSU over PFE 72-70
« on: February 13, 2021, 07:41:16 PM »
Pull this one out, barely.
Up one point with less than 5 sec to go, Mayes missed the front end of the one and one.
The ball bounced back to DQ who was fouled with 1.2 sec. he made the first and missed the second one (intentionally). PFW didn’t get off a good shot.
YSU won by 2.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB YSU over PFE 72-70
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »
Rounding into form folks.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB YSU over PFE 72-70
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 01:00:52 AM »
I felt game 1 was just about as good of a game as YSU played all year other than maybe the Wright St. win, while game 2 wasn't pretty, but got the W.  Game 2 was more of a gritty win like a lot of them last year.  I thought YSU got outplayed the first half, but someone was up 1 at the half.  Thought YSU played better in the 2nd half outside of that 1 run PFW went on that put them in the lead.

After 5 games with DQ back, YSU is 5-0.  You look back to so many games earlier in the year YSU let slip away where DQ probably would have been the difference that carried them over the top.  Other than DQ back, the one big key that has propelled the win streak has been the defense.  With the exception of the first Robert Morris game (that went to OT), the last 4 wins YSU has held their opponent to 70 or less and that was that magic number last year. 

I really thought we'd see more of Greyson Kelley.  Played well I thought in his first game back then went 0-4 in the second game, and since has only played 5 mins total the last 3 including not even getting in the 2nd game against PFW.