YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ NDSU

<< < (8/12) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 13, 2021, 09:34:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 11, 2021, 02:47:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on February 11, 2021, 10:50:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: lakesbison on February 11, 2021, 10:04:23 AM ---These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.
 Why didn't YSU ISU or whomever?

Regardless.  I want YSU to have a good program,  its good for FCS!!

--- End quote ---

Wish that I had a dollar for every time in the past year I have heard the argument that the young and in shape basically have nothing to worry about. Sounds great but is a shallow argument, it is not just about the 18 - 22 year old's, the concern should be with the parents, grandparents, coaches and others that may come in contact with the 18 - 22 year old's. Not all of these folks are able to handle covid.  It is not about babying anyone, there are more important things in life than football.

--- End quote ---

Well said.

--- End quote ---

For your own good, turn off the propaganda box and do some research. Misinformation is much more dangerous than a lack of information. You are being manipulated and deceived so that you embrace tyranny. Research Pulitzer Prize winner Carl Bernstein’s work on CIA manipulation of the corporate media. Read about CDC corruption and conflicts of interest. Read about the CDC Swine Flu scandal in 1976.

Regarding 18 - 22 year olds, their infection fatality rate is essentially zero. Will they murder grandma if they don’t live like an obedient  prisoner? Of course not. The largest clinical trial ever done with a sample size of over 10 million participants (!) showed ZERO...ZERO.....cases of asymptomatic spread.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

I’m sure this will be deleted for non-conformity with the propaganda narratives.  Regarding the Penguins, players play and winners win. Play the damn games.

--- End quote ---

The authors of the study you shared recommend continued use of masks and social distancing.

“Public health measures for the prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic, including wearing masks, keeping safe social distancing in Wuhan should be sustained.”

I’m all for doing your own research but at some point you have to consider what the experts think.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 12, 2021, 09:24:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 11, 2021, 02:53:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 10, 2021, 08:48:31 AM ---You people keep missing the point on this micro-season. As if I truly give a crap about the virus anymore? I am well aware of what is right and wrong. It does not matter if you live in the "Sticks" Lake, the same rules should be evenly applied. My ONLY concerns are

1. Too damn cold for football & it is not a winter/spring sport. Who wants to go? I have never missed a YSu season & I am begging for this one to go away..
2. There are going to be injuries in this season, just like any other. Just what kind of shape do you think any team will be in, come July, after the previous season ended just a month earlier? NDSU will we be the best team in the league...by attrition.

Smarten up. Accept the fact that we missed the 2020-2021 season.  We all have to do the same thing so no other conference team has any advantage. I am rooting for ISU this whole season. Again this has NOTHING to do with the virus.

--- End quote ---

Too cold? Have you not been to one of our November / December home games? We play colder home games than NDSU  ;D lol.

Also.. if we skip spring season we're going to miss out on developing our very young roster. Do we want to go into Fall with 8 less games of experience than the rest of the conference? I understand the injury risk but I think the lack of reps are significant as well.

--- End quote ---

No. That is exactly why I said that EVERYONE needs to do it.

--- End quote ---

Sorry IAA I skimmed your post my bad

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 13, 2021, 11:27:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 13, 2021, 09:34:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 11, 2021, 02:47:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on February 11, 2021, 10:50:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: lakesbison on February 11, 2021, 10:04:23 AM ---These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.
 Why didn't YSU ISU or whomever?

Regardless.  I want YSU to have a good program,  its good for FCS!!

--- End quote ---

Wish that I had a dollar for every time in the past year I have heard the argument that the young and in shape basically have nothing to worry about. Sounds great but is a shallow argument, it is not just about the 18 - 22 year old's, the concern should be with the parents, grandparents, coaches and others that may come in contact with the 18 - 22 year old's. Not all of these folks are able to handle covid.  It is not about babying anyone, there are more important things in life than football.

--- End quote ---

Well said.

--- End quote ---

For your own good, turn off the propaganda box and do some research. Misinformation is much more dangerous than a lack of information. You are being manipulated and deceived so that you embrace tyranny. Research Pulitzer Prize winner Carl Bernstein’s work on CIA manipulation of the corporate media. Read about CDC corruption and conflicts of interest. Read about the CDC Swine Flu scandal in 1976.

Regarding 18 - 22 year olds, their infection fatality rate is essentially zero. Will they murder grandma if they don’t live like an obedient  prisoner? Of course not. The largest clinical trial ever done with a sample size of over 10 million participants (!) showed ZERO...ZERO.....cases of asymptomatic spread.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

I’m sure this will be deleted for non-conformity with the propaganda narratives.  Regarding the Penguins, players play and winners win. Play the damn games.

--- End quote ---

The authors of the study you shared recommend continued use of masks and social distancing.

“Public health measures for the prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic, including wearing masks, keeping safe social distancing in Wuhan should be sustained.”

I’m all for doing your own research but at some point you have to consider what the experts think.

--- End quote ---

So that is an opinion, that conflicts with their own findings, which unambiguously was “ there was no evidence that the identified asymptomatic positive cases were infectious.”

“Expert opinion” is the lowest ranking form of evidence in the hierarchy of evidence.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1046/j.1365-2702.2003.00662.x

Contradictory opinions are frequently incorporated in modern medical literature as research funding is stripped if thee is noncompliance with official narratives.

There are physician groups with thousands of “expert” members that oppose CDC recommendations. Again, if you’re considering known and proven corrupt organizations such as the CDC as “experts”, then you’ll be misinformed. It’s that simple. Read about the CDC vaccine advisory panels conflicts of interest.  The UPI did great work on that topic. The British Medical Journal did good work on CDC flu vaccine data fraud and corruption. The info is out there...but not on the propaganda box.

ytownchief22:
Lots of youth for this team.

4 guys on the OL making their first starts.

All 3 corners are all freshmen or RS freshmen and will be starting for the 1st time.

London Pearson starts at RB, not Turner.

Waid and Craycraft both will play at QB.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 16, 2021, 06:07:46 PM ---Lots of youth for this team.

4 guys on the OL making their first starts.

All 3 corners are all freshmen or RS freshmen and will be starting for the 1st time.

London Pearson starts at RB, not Turner.

Waid and Craycraft both will play at QB.

--- End quote ---
And we get to start in the Buffalo Dome against the defending and predicted national champions!  Hope we limit our injuries and mental damage.  DP has he hands full starting out. 
But experience gained this winter/spring will be HUGE plus going into football season this fall. 
Bet you $2 DP would like to recruit either freshman or transfer RB's if he had a chance.  When you have as many questions about QBs as we have, a solid running game would certainly be a help. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version