YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ NDSU

<< < (6/12) > >>

IAA Fan:
No I am rooting for (ISU) Indiana State. The only team smart enough to cancel the season.

lakesbison:
These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.
 Why didn't YSU ISU or whomever?

Regardless.  I want YSU to have a good program,  its good for FCS!!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 11, 2021, 08:30:06 AM ---No I am rooting for (ISU) Indiana State. The only team smart enough to cancel the season.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking that was your intent.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: lakesbison on February 11, 2021, 10:04:23 AM ---These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.
 Why didn't YSU ISU or whomever?

Regardless.  I want YSU to have a good program,  its good for FCS!!

--- End quote ---

Wish that I had a dollar for every time in the past year I have heard the argument that the young and in shape basically have nothing to worry about. Sounds great but is a shallow argument, it is not just about the 18 - 22 year old's, the concern should be with the parents, grandparents, coaches and others that may come in contact with the 18 - 22 year old's. Not all of these folks are able to handle covid.  It is not about babying anyone, there are more important things in life than football.

Sorry to hear that all of your players got the virus, were they not following guidelines?

Yes I also want YSU to have a good program I wish the same for all schools, yes even NDSU. Problem that I see is that over the last 10 years or so the overall quality of FCS has dropped quite a bit. Too many of the marquee schools have moved up leaving the FCS very very watered down.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  I agree with the above post on the quality of the teams, there is great individual talent based on the number of players from FCS, and the Missouri Valley Conference who play in the the NFL.  But most of the great programs have moved to FBS.  Boise, Marshall, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern and so on.  YSU one of the very few who hasn't or can't move up because of the lack of money.

Many of the teams winning in FCS now, were D-2 powers in the 1990's and prior to that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version