YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Detroit YSU MBB

<< < (2/3) > >>

Penquin68:
I agree with the above.  We need DQ to be competitive with our supporting cast and no real post player which hurts our outside game. Our remaining talent is ok in a support role, but not primary players. We shot better than I ever thought possible from 3 and still lost. I don't think a repeat of that can happen today and we will be in trouble. Other teams double Naz inside and the others can't take advantage of that and score.  If we try that on defense, it backfires. Need DQ and some better players. Detroit just looks like they had better players, especially with Davis taking the heat off the others.

ucfpengbuck:
If you would of told me we would be 15 of 15 from the ft line I'd would of felt good but no we could not shoot the ball from the perimeter today.  Frosh were jacking them up and they were not dropping.  Team looks lost.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on January 30, 2021, 07:02:15 PM ---If you would of told me we would be 15 of 15 from the ft line I'd would of felt good but no we could not shoot the ball from the perimeter today.  Frosh were jacking them up and they were not dropping.  Team looks lost.

--- End quote ---

I am at a lost. We finally led by 5 by working the ball inside in the second half.
Them we started to jack the 3 ball two straight times. DMU made two 3’s and we were down 1. Several turn overs at the end of game doomed us.
Very disappointing.

YSU1:
I said this before they are not a 3 point shooting team.  the fact they keep jacking up 3's that are not going in is why they are losing.

Penquin68:
Our new players are too in love with 3's and have a poor percentage shooting them. The end of the game was bad with all the 3's and misses and 2 costly turnovers. Detroit has some good 3 point shooters and they seem quicker than us. Our new players get beat off the dribble often and on offense are guarded so closely they have a difficult time getting a clean shot. In some ways we were lucky to keep the game so close. Without an inside presence Detroit can guard the perimeter and we have contested shots which results in a low percentage. Also it seems the new players rush their shots. We are always in a difficult mode on offense with the other teams speed and length. One can see what DQ and Naz would have been together and taking the heat off the others. Hope for DQ's return and for next year some genuine post players. Where is Jelani Simmons?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version