YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UIC Men's

<< < (3/4) > >>

goodnews:
YSU is athletically irrelevant.  Unless you wanna believe the YSU T&F releases that they beat up on D3 teams at the YSU Invitational.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: goodnews on January 23, 2021, 11:36:04 AM ---YSU is athletically irrelevant.  Unless you wanna believe the YSU T&F releases that they beat up on D3 teams at the YSU Invitational.

--- End quote ---

This statement is not accurate.  Each year the Horizon League gives out trophies in 19 sports. Over the past five years, YSU has collected more hardware than any other school, and Gorby's athletes have acquired most of them. People are down right now because our two primary sports are a mess. Men's basketball has been a wasteland for much of the past three plus decades and Pelini left football in a dreadful state for Phillips.

The YSU Invitational is designed to make money from entrance fees from any school that wants to participate. Our track athletes compete against the clock or the distance and height markers, not the people standing next to them.

Double ET:
I thought the shot was short of the rim. Therefore, I didn’t think it was above the vertical plane of the cylinder for a call of goal tending.
I was watching on tv replay. I could be wrong.

ucfpengbuck:
Nice win today and too bad the Penguins didn't get the sweep.  Daniel Ogoro was the latest surprise frosh to step up. If Ogoro can get a consistent outside jumper he'll be good since he can drive the ball and has nice size at the point.

Great hustle and heart from the three seniors.

Penquin68:
Nice win today and much needed to keep the team's attitude up for a learning environment.

Still need to quit taking 3's with players who's ability to make them is 25% or less.  Need to get the ball to the hoop with others beside Naz.  Michael A had a nice game today, but much of it is inside the 3.  When he gets in love with 3's we are in trouble.  Garret also.  Both are big enough to go to the hoop.  When we go inside we have a chance.

Daniel O has surprised me, pleasantly so.  He is a tall guard which improves our defense and when he goes to the basket, he is not so intimidated by the big guys. If he can improve his outside shooting and keep attacking the basket, he will be a great addition as a taller DQ type player. Not that I think he is as good as DQ, but similar with the ability to drive and shoot from the outside as a point guard. Hopefully the other freshman can grow into productive players, both driving to the basket, pulling up for mid range shots, and 3's when they are there, and play defense.  Next week will be interesting to see if this continues, especially with our new guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version