YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Oakland MBB game 1

<< < (3/3)

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 17, 2021, 11:31:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on January 17, 2021, 08:52:37 AM ---Very telling that missing one player could possibly affect our chances of competing with a very mediocre 5-12 team.

--- End quote ---
Look at what LBJ has done for Cavs & the Lakers (as one player).
I think DQ could make a 10 points difference in a game. We could lose lots of game without DQ and that 10 points. He is even more important when the league has figured out how to play Naz in the low post.
Just my opinion.

--- End quote ---

I wish our program was to the point where missing any one player would not cause that big of a drop off. I understand Oaklands schedule, I understand DQ' value.

mudclods:
Thought YSU played good enough to give themselves a chance to win on Saturday, but Oakland hit some huge shots and killed YSU at the line nailing 22-24.

Myles Hunter had another tremendous game.  He's definitely been a bright spot.  Thought Covington reminded me of the player he was in years past, but him getting in foul trouble really hurt YSU down the stretch.

I've said it all year, but Akuchie not getting into double figures = a loss.  I just can't believe he can't find his shot.  He's shooting just 21% from 3.  As a team YSU is just 28% compared to their opponents at 36%. 

YSU has really dug themselves a huge hole in league play.  4-6 would have felt so much different than 3-7 with 8 of the final 10 at home.  I think YSU will better the 2nd half but it's hard to imagine many sweeps with the inconsistent play that's taken place all year unless they can get a health DQ back.

Overall it's just very disappointing for year 4 under Calhoun.   

mudclods:
In the latest NCAA Net rankings, YSU is 291 out of 347 D1 schools.  The only Horizon League school worse is Green Bay at 300

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version