YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Football

<< < (3/6) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  I'm hearing Craycraft will start, Waid inconsistent throwing the ball.  But Waid will be used in many roles; QB, RB, Tight end.  Waid is big and strong and can be used in many ways.  TE Miles Joiner has left the program.

WE need to get more consistent QB play to compete in this conference.  I hear good things about Coach Phillips practices and the players buying into the new coaching staff.  I still think it will be a rough spring, going to take a couple years to get this turned around.

But I think Phillips has a chance, he understands recruiting and will commit the time needed.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on January 27, 2021, 10:14:48 AM ---  I'm hearing Craycraft will start, Waid inconsistent throwing the ball.  But Waid will be used in many roles; QB, RB, Tight end.  Waid is big and strong and can be used in many ways.  TE Miles Joiner has left the program.

WE need to get more consistent QB play to compete in this conference.  I hear good things about Coach Phillips practices and the players buying into the new coaching staff.  I still think it will be a rough spring, going to take a couple years to get this turned around.

But I think Phillips has a chance, he understands recruiting and will commit the time needed.

--- End quote ---

Any words on the assessment on Crenshaw?

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 27, 2021, 12:39:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on January 27, 2021, 10:14:48 AM ---  I'm hearing Craycraft will start, Waid inconsistent throwing the ball.  But Waid will be used in many roles; QB, RB, Tight end.  Waid is big and strong and can be used in many ways.  TE Miles Joiner has left the program.

--- End quote ---

Any words on the a$$essment on Crenshaw?

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, I believe your comment about needing "a couple years to get this turned around" is correct.  AND the importance of recruiting.  Certainly the large group of juniors and even seniors brought in from other programs says DP knows he doesn't have the talent to compete.  The Lack of OL he was given is embarrassing.
Crips, I don't know if he had enough players to even field an OL.  Bo was doing to our OL what he apparently did to the LSU defense.
Did anyone notice that BP got multi-million dollar job, took it, screwed it us so bad they set records of ineptitude, got fired but took the money and is doing God knows what, while DP has yet to coach his first game!

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 27, 2021, 12:39:15 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Any words on the a$$essment on Crenshaw?

--- End quote ---

Yes I’m curious too. I think Crenshaw is going to see a lot of playing time this spring. He’s the highest rated QB recruit I can remember coming to YSU.

go guins:
Crenshaw is definitely the highest rated QB to attend YSU, but if you watch his HS tapes from HS, or read what DP has to say about him, his throwing is at best "questionable" and "needs a lot of work".  My hope is he becomes the best TB recruit at YSU in many seasons!  We have a TON of QB's and not much to look at at TB.  I assume the way we got such a highly rated prospect is everybody else says "TB my boy, you don't throw well enough for QB" and we said "we'll give you a full shot at QB", which means we'll have to wait until the light goes on in Mr. Crenshaw's head!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version