YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

League Basketball Schedules

(1/3) > >>

Wick250:
The league schedules for both the men and women are now posted on the YSU athletics site.  Once again the Horizon League did us no favors.  Both the men and women play the first two weekends on the road.  The league also determined that there will be no fans for league games played in December.  Attendance at non-conference games is up to the individual school.

goodnews:
Is there a non-conf schedule?  Appears that the schedule is all within a bus trip.

ysuhoops24:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 04, 2020, 06:00:59 PM ---The league schedules for both the men and women are now posted on the YSU athletics site.  Once again the Horizon League did us no favors.  Both the men and women play the first two weekends on the road.  The league also determined that there will be no fans for league games played in December.  Attendance at non-conference games is up to the individual school.

--- End quote ---

But wouldn't playing games on the road when their is a guarantee of no fans in the crowd actually be to your favor?   

Wick250:

--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on November 12, 2020, 06:25:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 04, 2020, 06:00:59 PM ---The league schedules for both the men and women are now posted on the YSU athletics site.  Once again the Horizon League did us no favors.  Both the men and women play the first two weekends on the road.  The league also determined that there will be no fans for league games played in December.  Attendance at non-conference games is up to the individual school.

--- End quote ---

But wouldn't playing games on the road when their is a guarantee of no fans in the crowd actually be to your favor?   

--- End quote ---

I agree that playing a road game inside an empty gym is better, but the need to travel and the home team's familiarity with the environment probably are the biggest disadvantages.

Here is the thing that really makes me unhappy.  Look at our schedule. 8 out of the first 10 games are on the road. We could have a really good team, go 4-6, and be disillusioned before the second half of the season. And the league did that to us when, for the first time ever, we are a consensus contender.

ysuhoops24:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 12, 2020, 07:33:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on November 12, 2020, 06:25:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree that playing a road game inside an empty gym is better, but the need to travel and the home team's familiarity with the environment probably are the biggest disadvantages.

Here is the thing that really makes me unhappy.  Look at our schedule. 8 out of the first 10 games are on the road. We could have a really good team, go 4-6, and be disillusioned before the second half of the season. And the league did that to us when, for the first time ever, we are a consensus contender.

--- End quote ---

Wick, I agree that's a brutal amount of travel and the way things are trending I have a feeling that no crowds at all during the season could be a realistic possibility. 

I'm in my late 30's and remember going to games with my dad during the Storia years but my realistic earliest memories of YSU basketball is during the beginning of the Peters era with guys like Raber Jr. and Leroy King. 

This is the type of season I've been waiting for and it's awful that A) I feel like I'm waiting for a foot to drop and wipe it out or B) I'm not going to get to see any games live.  Fingers crossed, keep masking up, and hope for the best.  Go Guins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version