YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Everyone else is playing....

<< < (4/5) > >>

IAA Fan:
Look you cannot take something away from the players if the NCAA decides to offer. Now they are talking football in the worst part of winter? You will not see me. If they want to start in 2-weeks that is fine. Normal conference schedule. Even the Big-10 and PAC-10 realized what a HUGE mistake they made and are scrambling to get started ASAP. Let's do the same. This cannot be allowed to interfere with MBB tournament.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 21, 2020, 02:33:19 PM ---Look you cannot take something away from the players if the NCAA decides to offer. Now they are talking football in the worst part of winter? You will not see me. If they want to start in 2-weeks that is fine. Normal conference schedule. Even the Big-10 and PAC-10 realized what a HUGE mistake they made and are scrambling to get started ASAP. Let's do the same. This cannot be allowed to interfere with MBB tournament.

--- End quote ---
Obviously you are right about the Big10 and Pac 10 but that has NOT been proven (or disproven) to be a good idea.  Look at case counts here and Europe heading into cooler weather.  They could be 100% wrong.
No team should take the field without each player being inoculated with a vaccine   Not HS, not college not NFL.  I want football as much as the next guy, but this isn't life or death and the virus literally is.  We are playing with fire over a selfish desire to watch a game that, in the scope of life, doesn't really matter.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 22, 2020, 09:04:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 21, 2020, 02:33:19 PM ---Look you cannot take something away from the players if the NCAA decides to offer. Now they are talking football in the worst part of winter? You will not see me. If they want to start in 2-weeks that is fine. Normal conference schedule. Even the Big-10 and PAC-10 realized what a HUGE mistake they made and are scrambling to get started ASAP. Let's do the same. This cannot be allowed to interfere with MBB tournament.

--- End quote ---
Obviously you are right about the Big10 and Pac 10 but that has NOT been proven (or disproven) to be a good idea.  Look at case counts here and Europe heading into cooler weather.  They could be 100% wrong.
No team should take the field without each player being inoculated with a vaccine   Not HS, not college not NFL.  I want football as much as the next guy, but this isn't life or death and the virus literally is.  We are playing with fire over a selfish desire to watch a game that, in the scope of life, doesn't really matter.

--- End quote ---

agreed

IAA Fan:
If it does not work ... season cancelled. I am perfectly fine with that. I am not fine with football in the worst month of winter; nor in the spring, so close to 2021 Fall camp. Now if I do not get tickets for this, I will probably lose the season seats that my family has had since the stadium opened in 1983.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 23, 2020, 08:01:49 AM ---If it does not work ... season cancelled. I am perfectly fine with that. I am not fine with football in the worst month of winter; nor in the spring, so close to 2021 Fall camp. Now if I do not get tickets for this, I will probably lose the season seats that my family has had since the stadium opened in 1983.

--- End quote ---
You are probably right on the tickets.  Only leverage they have to force us to buy. 
I get the your reluctance on winter ball, it's freeking winter in Youngstown OH!!!  I don't get the spring thing.  I think it's perfect for the new coach, new team.  I'd treat it like extended, serious spring games.  I don't care if we lose them all, but get the "going forward" players on the same page and learning to play MVFC football.  I'd play seniors, but only as needed, and I'm get quality time for every underclass player I thought had potential.  Great practice, and great for DP and his coaches.  This is perfect for us, and gives us a much better basis for going into real football in the fall of 2021

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version