YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU canceled 2020 football season

<< < (3/4) > >>

YSU1:
I heard but do not know if it is true that North Dakota State will play 1 game apparently to showcase their quarterback for the NFL

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on August 24, 2020, 06:31:30 PM ---I heard but do not know if it is true that North Dakota State will play 1 game apparently to showcase their quarterback for the NFL

--- End quote ---

Yes they will play Central Arkansas at the Fargo Dome on October 3. I am not so sure it is to showcase their QB for the NFL, unless he has academic issues. He is a freshman (Soph this year). The game will be a good QB show. Smith is very good as well.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 25, 2020, 08:43:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSU1 on August 24, 2020, 06:31:30 PM ---I heard but do not know if it is true that North Dakota State will play 1 game apparently to showcase their quarterback for the NFL

--- End quote ---

Yes they will play Central Arkansas at the Fargo Dome on October 3. I am not so sure it is to showcase their QB for the NFL, unless he has academic issues. He is a freshman (Soph this year). The game will be a good QB show. Smith is very good as well.

--- End quote ---

I would guess that they are more interested in showcasing NDSU.

Wick250:
The fall is now the off-season and NDSU figured out a way to play a very meaningful "spring game" in that off-season.  I have always thought that it would be wonderful if college football teams were allowed to play another school in their spring game.  That would produce much greater interest from the fans and certainly highlight your areas of strength and weakness.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 26, 2020, 06:03:25 PM ---The fall is now the off-season and NDSU figured out a way to play a very meaningful "spring game" in that off-season.  I have always thought that it would be wonderful if college football teams were allowed to play another school in their spring game.  That would produce much greater interest from the fans and certainly highlight your areas of strength and weakness.

--- End quote ---
That idea has merit.  As currently constituted, the spring game deserves the respect Bo Pelini gave it....-0-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version