YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Move FCS football permanently to the spring

<< < (2/3) > >>

penguinpower:
The kids will not be able to play in the spring and then in the fall.  There will be too many injuries that are far more serious and life changing than a bad common cold.  The bottom line is there will be no football season until next year.....and maybe longer if these leftist libtards keep trying to control people. 

Mortality rates are way down.  Hospitalizations are way down.  Treatments are way better.  But these ********s want to control people and take down the economy because they know better than all of you dumb common folk that follow sports.  These retards just sealed the re-election of Trump.

IAA Fan:
Let's stick to sports. Besides. No sports in fall most certainly means ma$$ive political change, so your pre-election results could not be more off.  I am tired of moving all of these topics to the junk board. THe question is moving football to spring. Never happen. The sport would lose half of it's viewership. People hate change, it does not get any more simple than that. I would watch an MLB game over an NFL game anytime.

4lessgovt:
My point is to permanently move FCS (1AA) to the fall so you don’t have to compete with the Power Five football conferences, high schools, and Pro football for attention.    The goal is to increase attendance, TV exposure and revenues.   The biggest opportunity being TV.
Added bonus is the Championship game could be held in the North or Midwest.

cjm:
cant see this happening. most FCS teams would have to forfeit their "money game" and for better or worse many of these institutions rely on that money. Also, as stated above, most of us don't want changes to 'tradition' and at least for me, the idea football in the spring just doesn't sound exciting.

If the FCS has trouble bringing in viewership during the fall season, i can't imagine spring play moving the needle. i'd say it would probably be the opposite because now you are going up against baseball and to avoid the potential for heat exhaustion playing into the in the summer, you'd probably want to start your season in the beginning of march which now you are also competing with basketball and the college tourney.

Also, when would teams "spring" game and training be? most likely the dead of winter which limits outdoors training and potential eligibility issues for transfers between bcs and fcs based on what time of year the transfer happens. but that's all conjecture on my part.

cjm:
and also thinking how this could affect any potential NFL draft prospects, you would basically be a year behind because your season now overlaps with the draft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version