YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

And so it begins

<< < (9/16) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on July 21, 2020, 06:36:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on July 21, 2020, 11:43:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 21, 2020, 10:34:46 AM ---"I believe the rationale behind conference only is that you can agree on and adopt common safety / testing protocols as a conference."

OR, "I believe the rationale behind non-conference play is that you can agree on and adopt common safety / testing protocols as a non-conference opponent."

I turned on the Indians game last night and Lindor was playing shortstop wearing a mask!  Who the hell is going to infect him at shortstop!?!?!?  At the peak, there were some 40,000,000 people out of work due to COVID-19  Well, with 164,000,000 workers in Feb. 2020 that means some 75% of the workforce or some 120,000,000 Americans and immigrants continued to work so that we could eat, drive, run our air conditioners etc. every day.  Some poor slob is getting $12 an hour to disinfect the toilet seats in Progressive Field so Lindor can sh** in comfort and safety.  I am totally fed up with the coddled prima donna athletes in the country.   Get to work and do your job, just like the rest of us!

--- End quote ---

OR, "I believe the rationale behind non-conference play is that you can agree on and adopt common safety / testing protocols as a non-conference opponent."

So if a team has 3 OOC games they are supposed to change their safety protocols 3 times depending on who they are playing? What about season long precautions like player quarantines, practice restriction or testing. What if the  OOC game team you’re playing this week doesn’t agree with the protocols your team used in your first OOC game and is worried your team could infect their players.

It’s just more practical to come up with a set of protocols and rules as a conference.

--- End quote ---

While I understand your point Kandrase, it seems rather ridiculous to suggest such small measures, while well intentioned, will actually achieve much in the way of safer conditions. There is no way there should be a season this year. Doubt we will have one.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I’m not saying I agree it’ll be an effective course of action, I’m just trying to explain that the conference only idea does in fact have some type of logic behind it.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on July 21, 2020, 07:20:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on July 21, 2020, 06:36:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 21, 2020, 10:34:46 AM ---"I believe the rationale behind conference only is that you can agree on and adopt common safety / testing protocols as a conference."

I turned on the Indians game last night and Lindor was playing shortstop wearing a mask!  Who the hell is going to infect him at shortstop!?!?!?  At the peak, there were some 40,000,000 people out of work due to COVID-19  Well, with 164,000,000 workers in Feb. 2020 that means some 75% of the workforce or some 120,000,000 Americans and immigrants continued to work so that we could eat, drive, run our air conditioners etc. every day.  Some poor slob is getting $12 an hour to disinfect the toilet seats in Progressive Field so Lindor can sh** in comfort and safety.  I am totally fed up with the coddled prima donna athletes in the country.   Get to work and do your job, just like the rest of us!

--- End quote ---

So if a team has 3 OOC games they are supposed to change their safety protocols 3 times depending on who they are playing? What about season long precautions like player quarantines, practice restriction or testing. What if the  OOC game team you’re playing this week doesn’t agree with the protocols your team used in your first OOC game and is worried your team could infect their players.

It’s just more practical to come up with a set of protocols and rules as a conference.

--- End quote ---

While I understand your point Kandrase, it seems rather ridiculous to suggest such small measures, while well intentioned, will actually achieve much in the way of safer conditions. There is no way there should be a season this year. Doubt we will have one.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I’m not saying I agree it’ll be an effective course of action, I’m just trying to explain that the conference only idea does in fact have some type of logic behind it.

--- End quote ---

Understood. Sorry I realize I may have come across as somewhat pointed, that wasn't the intention.

go guins:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
OR is it just more practical to come up with a set of protocols and rules as the NCAA?  You're out there with no mask bumping against a sweating yelling (spitting) unmasked body of some strange kid from Detroit for 40 minutes, do you actually think some conference only rule about how you greet opponent after the game matters to COVID-19?  This is all pretty silly.  If we don't have a very effective widely available treatment by the end of August they won't be any games.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 22, 2020, 08:26:56 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
OR is it just more practical to come up with a set of protocols and rules as the NCAA?  You're out there with no mask bumping against a sweating yelling (spitting) unmasked body of some strange kid from Detroit for 40 minutes, do you actually think some conference only rule about how you greet opponent after the game matters to COVID-19?  This is all pretty silly.  If we don't have a very effective widely available treatment by the end of August they won't be any games.

--- End quote ---

NCAA should be dictating protocol over all member schools regardless of division or conference.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: guinpen on July 22, 2020, 11:54:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 22, 2020, 08:26:56 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

NCAA should be dictating protocol over all member schools regardless of division or conference.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, rather disappointed by the lack of leadership here by the NCAA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version