YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

And so it begins

<< < (7/16) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on July 15, 2020, 11:12:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 15, 2020, 08:26:49 AM ---Yes it would. Might as well cancel it. I live in Columbus. All fans plan vacations and in other ways schedule their lives around it. Then again, isn't cancellation what the media wants anyways?

--- End quote ---

Someone should tell them that there is more to life than football!

--- End quote ---

It is precisely for this reason that you might as well cancel. Football has a natural rhythm. Spring is for spring practice and a chance to see the new recruits. A spring game. Do you realize that OSU sells out the spring game with tickets going up in price every year? 105k x $30 is over $3mil in revenue lost. Fall is for the season, it is the culmination of all the work that begins in spring. So have it or don't.  I mean there is a reason that the HL chose October first for their date to begin.

$$$ MBB money games and tournaments

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 17, 2020, 07:01:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on July 15, 2020, 11:12:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 15, 2020, 08:26:49 AM ---Yes it would. Might as well cancel it. I live in Columbus. All fans plan vacations and in other ways schedule their lives around it. Then again, isn't cancellation what the media wants anyways?

--- End quote ---

Someone should tell them that there is more to life than football!

--- End quote ---

It is precisely for this reason that you might as well cancel. Football has a natural rhythm. Spring is for spring practice and a chance to see the new recruits. A spring game. Do you realize that OSU sells out the spring game with tickets going up in price every year? 105k x $30 is over $3mil in revenue lost. Fall is for the season, it is the culmination of all the work that begins in spring. So have it or don't.  I mean there is a reason that the HL chose October first for their date to begin.

$$$ MBB money games and tournaments

--- End quote ---
to be fair and accurate here, some schools don't play a spring game at all and OSU has never even come close to selling out the spring game and ticket prices were $15 for reserved and $5 general admission. Revenue more like 600K than 3M
HOWEVER, the point is, you can't have 2 seasons in one year, that's ridiculous so 1AA is right have football in 2020 or not, but not in the spring.

IAA Fan:
Also, consider this; MBB lost their season last year and I see no possible way that the NCAA, along with conferences, are going to allow this to happen again. Midnight Madness this year is Tuesday October 12th. (I could be off a couple of days either way on this). So do you think fans are going to stand for the NCAA to play MBB and NOT football when playing at the same time? Many football conference seasons have just begun that same weekend. This is why all the talk about In-Conference only. Schools and Conferences know that sports will return by this time.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 17, 2020, 09:26:41 AM ---Also, consider this; MBB lost their season last year and I see no possible way that the NCAA, along with conferences, are going to allow this to happen again. Midnight Madness this year is Tuesday October 12th. (I could be off a couple of days either way on this). So do you think fans are going to stand for the NCAA to play MBB and NOT football when playing at the same time? Many football conference seasons have just begun that same weekend. This is why all the talk about In-Conference only. Schools and Conferences know that sports will return by this time.

--- End quote ---
Nobody has made a credible argument on this "conference only" schedule thing.  This makes NO sense to me.  Without the non-conference schedule MBB will need an additional ton of cash. 1AA, you are the guy on cash losses, how are your supporting conference only play?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2020, 09:40:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 17, 2020, 09:26:41 AM ---Also, consider this; MBB lost their season last year and I see no possible way that the NCAA, along with conferences, are going to allow this to happen again. Midnight Madness this year is Tuesday October 12th. (I could be off a couple of days either way on this). So do you think fans are going to stand for the NCAA to play MBB and NOT football when playing at the same time? Many football conference seasons have just begun that same weekend. This is why all the talk about In-Conference only. Schools and Conferences know that sports will return by this time.

--- End quote ---
Nobody has made a credible argument on this "conference only" schedule thing.  This makes NO sense to me.  Without the non-conference schedule MBB will need an additional ton of cash. 1AA, you are the guy on cash losses, how are your supporting conference only play?

--- End quote ---

I think you need conference play to establish the post-season. Other than that, it starts a month later and lets people think you put some thought into it.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version