YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2020 Football Season

<< < (4/19) > >>

ytownchief22:
My belief is football will be played this fall.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on May 23, 2020, 04:59:16 PM ---My belief is football will be played this fall.

--- End quote ---

I hope so. we need to demand it

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on May 22, 2020, 12:17:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on May 22, 2020, 10:21:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on May 22, 2020, 10:12:31 AM --- Demand football being played, lol.  You are so shortsighted.   What happens when a college football team has several players test positive?   Who is paying for the testing?  What happens when a coaching staff tests positive?

YSU like many colleges are laying off staff and pay cuts are happening and have taken place, but you want to charter a jet and fly YSU 4 times across the country and yet there likely is no or little revenue coming into the program?  Each charter costs at least 80 thousand dollars.

This isn't Ohio State where there are millions of dollars coming in from television contracts.

--- End quote ---

Mortality rate is 0.4% How is that any different on what happened in 2009 -2010?  We didn't stop sports for it. Same rate exactly.  The disease has been here since it November and 33% of people don't even know they have it.  A few more months and we should reach herd immunity levels.

--- End quote ---

Where are you getting that 0.4 % number from?

As of yesterday Mahoning County had 1310 confirmed cases and 162 deaths, that figures out to over 12 %.

--- End quote ---
First, as anybody (including you) know the confirmed cases equals a SMALL % of total cases and to do mortality rates, you need to divide deaths by the TOTAL infection rate.
Last I looked at our roster, I saw "very few" 70+ aged players.  I thing the death rate among YSU player ages is even lower, like .02%, or less than driving, drinking or drugs.
Look at the life cycle of any of these flu or corona virus.  By July we should be about -0- infection rates.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 26, 2020, 09:40:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on May 22, 2020, 12:17:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on May 22, 2020, 10:21:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on May 22, 2020, 10:12:31 AM --- Demand football being played, lol.  You are so shortsighted.   What happens when a college football team has several players test positive?   Who is paying for the testing?  What happens when a coaching staff tests positive?

YSU like many colleges are laying off staff and pay cuts are happening and have taken place, but you want to charter a jet and fly YSU 4 times across the country and yet there likely is no or little revenue coming into the program?  Each charter costs at least 80 thousand dollars.

This isn't Ohio State where there are millions of dollars coming in from television contracts.

--- End quote ---

Mortality rate is 0.4% How is that any different on what happened in 2009 -2010?  We didn't stop sports for it. Same rate exactly.  The disease has been here since it November and 33% of people don't even know they have it.  A few more months and we should reach herd immunity levels.

--- End quote ---

Where are you getting that 0.4 % number from?

As of yesterday Mahoning County had 1310 confirmed cases and 162 deaths, that figures out to over 12 %.

--- End quote ---
First, as anybody (including you) know the confirmed cases equals a SMALL % of total cases and to do mortality rates, you need to divide deaths by the TOTAL infection rate.
Last I looked at our roster, I saw "very few" 70+ aged players.  I thing the death rate among YSU player ages is even lower, like .02%, or less than driving, drinking or drugs.
Look at the life cycle of any of these flu or corona virus.  By July we should be about -0- infection rates.

--- End quote ---

I ran the numbers according to the CDC guidance model and it preducts that 115,714 people in Mahoning county have or had the virus already.  As of 2019 there are 228,683 people there so if you live there you have a ~50/50 chance of having antibodies because odds are that you are asymptomatic based on CDC information. 

IAA Fan:
Starting to stray from Football. That article showing only one returning O lineman is very concerning to me. O hope we give a bit stronger up there this year. Need to get that run game back up to par.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version