YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Men Basketball to host in CIT/Coach Calhoun

<< < (2/6) > >>

ysubigred:
WooooH WHOOO!! An everybody get's a participation trophy tourney  8)

Jeeesss! CBB is like 6-12 year old soccer  fb

goodnews:
I like Coach Calhoun and think he was a good hire.  However, take away the D3 wins and we are 30-59 the last 3 years.  With that said, we aren't a 20 win team either if we were to win the next 2 games.  I bet coach would agree too.

go guins:

--- Quote from: goodnews on March 10, 2020, 01:09:05 PM ---I like Coach Calhoun and think he was a good hire.  However, take away the D3 wins and we are 30-59 the last 3 years.  With that said, we aren't a 20 win team either if we were to win the next 2 games.  I bet coach would agree too.

--- End quote ---
How do you take away wins from lower level teams and not lake away loses to higher level teams?  WVU etc. shouldn't count as loses using your method. 
If we win 20 games, we are a 20 win team, that is plain and simple math.  What if we don't count loses in football if they are from teams in the Dakotas?  We are a playoff team for sure! 
You say you like Calhoun then take elaborate means to show how poor he's doing.  Truth is Slocum left the cupboard worse than bare, it was virtually empty.  You want to do some creative math, how many wins do we have with a roster of majority Slocum guys and then a majority Calhoun guys.  Bet that tells a more honest picture of what JC is doing here. 

goodnews:
YSU is 16-15 and ranked 221 in sagarin. The wins u r referring to are only counted in the YSU record books.  Kind of like all the track wins against D2 and 3 competition.  D1 bball is D1 in bball. This isnt FBS and FCS. 

ytownchief22:
Considering Slocum had 2 winning seasons out of 12 and those did not come until his 7th and 8th seasons, I'd say Calhoun is ahead of the curve on this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version